The Student Room Group

Art - AS-A Level

Hi:smile:
Im currently in Year13 doing 3 A-Levels however, I am taking a gap year as I am unsure of what I want to study at uni. I applied to some 1 year apprenticeships but had second thoughts when going through the interview processes as it all seemed quite boring and mundane. I did a 2 week work experience at an accountancy firm and couldn't really see myself doing that line of work in the near future. So! Rather that just working next year I thought of doing an extra A-Level (both AS&A2) in Art. I understand that the work load may be a lot but as its the only subject I'll be doing I can fully focus on it. I am hoping it will give me the availability of applying to more creative courses at uni and hopefully get a more creative job afterwards.
The college I'm attending is ok with this but the want me to work on a portfolio in the mean time as all my GCSE work is in Greece (bilingual).
So my question is what would you suggest I do to show my skill? What is Art like at GCSE, I see a lot of people doing portraits but other than that is there anything else I should focus on? any particular styles of painting, techniques, materials or themes?
Thanks in advance to anyone that takes there time to answer as I'm a bit confused with what the teacher should expect from me
(edited 8 years ago)
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Puddles the Monkey so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

Original post by TSR Jessica
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Puddles the Monkey so she can move the thread if needed :h:

@puddles the monkey is female!?!?

first @ZuluK, now her.

And I thought I was good at this. :frown:

Sorry for digressing thread, but I bumped it for ya anyway. :grin: (unintentionally)
Reply 3
Original post by XcitingStuart
@puddles the monkey is female!?!?

first @ZuluK, now her.

And I thought I was good at this. :frown:

Sorry for digressing thread, but I bumped it for ya anyway. :grin: (unintentionally)

:lol: there, there, we've all had that moment. Just not that bad :teehee:
Original post by ZuluK
:lol: there, there, we've all had that moment. Just not that bad :teehee:

Can you go fetch me water for that burn? :frown:

(There I go making you feel guilty.)
Reply 5
Original post by XcitingStuart
Can you go fetch me water for that burn? :frown:

(There I go making you feel guilty.)

Not enough water for that burn :wink:

Spoiler

Original post by ZuluK
Not enough water for that burn :wink:

Spoiler

Spoiler

You write like one.
(I think I subconsciously assign which sex someone is by the way they write, their avatars and stuff like that, unless it outright says which sex they are.)

Quick Reply

Latest