The Student Room Group

uniformed public services?

hi, im wanting to join the military and I would say I'm quite smart. I'm wondering if you have any advice on whether I should do uniformed public services or get a levels thanks
Reply 1
A levels give you more options and are more widely accepted / known everywhere else. They are a better back up plan as well.
I did a Btec in public services, hasn't held me back, I now almost completed my degree in sport and physical education. I had a change of mind in terms of direction but Btec course had units relevant towards degree and I had work experience in sport and physical education. Study what you want, Btecs are less known but you can still go to uni with them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Depends what trade/ job you want to do. If you want to be an officer, do A levels. If you want to be an engineer then it would be better for you to do a btec in engineering or a levels in maths and physics. That way you have a better understanding of the trade, the academics behind it and so on. On the other hand, if you wish to join the infantry the public services would be a good choice.
Reply 4
If you mean the British army, you can join at 16 and do an "apprenticeship" during you training, which is what i'm doing.

If you would like to be an officer, go for A levels and/or a degree. A levels will give you a good plan B but you can still gain good qualifications in the army, especially if you do a trade role.

Quick Reply

Latest