The Student Room Group

PG Dip, private colleges.

Hi I have a few Qs.

1. Is the loan available for PG Dip courses? If not and I were to sign up for a MSc but then exited early, leaving me with a PG Diploma, would I still be expected to repay the full loan for the full MSc course? Would there be any consequences?

2. Also, an MSc is being offered by a private college but they have said they cannot accept the new govt postgraduate loans as they are a private college. This seems unfair for more unique courses that are hard to find and and are limited to private colleges or not for profit organisations. Do you know why this is?

3. I am also still repaying a loan for my UG degree, which I started in 2007, will these repayments be affected by me taking out a PG loan?

Thank you in advance.
Original post by grapefruit88
Hi I have a few Qs.

1. Is the loan available for PG Dip courses? If not and I were to sign up for a MSc but then exited early, leaving me with a PG Diploma, would I still be expected to repay the full loan for the full MSc course? Would there be any consequences?

2. Also, an MSc is being offered by a private college but they have said they cannot accept the new govt postgraduate loans as they are a private college. This seems unfair for more unique courses that are hard to find and and are limited to private colleges or not for profit organisations. Do you know why this is?

3. I am also still repaying a loan for my UG degree, which I started in 2007, will these repayments be affected by me taking out a PG loan?

Thank you in advance.

Hi

You can’t get a Postgraduate Loan for a PGDip course.

If you were to withdraw early from an MSc course you would have to repay any Postgraduate Loan you’ve received. You can find out more about how and when you’ll be paid in the Postgraduate Loan section of the Student Finance Zone.

The Government decide which universities run courses that are eligible for Postgraduate Loans. Some private universities have degree awarding powers and will be running individual courses that are eligible for a Postgraduate Loan. If you're not sure if a course is eligible it's best to check with the university.

The repayment of any loans you’ve already had won’t be affected by your Postgraduate Loan, you’ll repay both of your loans at the same time. You can find out more about repaying your loans, including theincome thresholds where you start making repayments here.

Laura

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending