The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Will Warwick accept me if I don't achieve the required grades?

I have an offer from Warwick University to study English Literature and Creative Writing, providing that I achieve AAA. I had already planned to make Warwick my firm choice and after I went to an open day, I fell in love. I honestly don't want to go to any other university, but I'm doubtful that I'll achieve the required grades. I reckon I can manage getting A's in English Literature and Creative Writing, and maybe even an A*! But I'm struggling with History and reckon if I work really hard, I can achieve a B.

Is it likely I'll be accepted if I get a B in History, and will it make it more likely if I achieve an A* in another subject? History is the least relevant subject to my uni course, since the other two subjects are what I'll continue studying at uni.
Original post by celen
I have an offer from Warwick University to study English Literature and Creative Writing, providing that I achieve AAA. I had already planned to make Warwick my firm choice and after I went to an open day, I fell in love. I honestly don't want to go to any other university, but I'm doubtful that I'll achieve the required grades. I reckon I can manage getting A's in English Literature and Creative Writing, and maybe even an A*! But I'm struggling with History and reckon if I work really hard, I can achieve a B.

Is it likely I'll be accepted if I get a B in History, and will it make it more likely if I achieve an A* in another subject? History is the least relevant subject to my uni course, since the other two subjects are what I'll continue studying at uni.

Depends on how competitive the course is. Judging by some stats given out by UCAS, only 33% of applicants receive an offer for English Lit at Warwick, hence the course you are applying to is pretty competitive. I believe that if your personal statement is up to scratch, one B will not hinder you, if you get two solid A's in the two related subjects you are doing. Obviously strive for the maximum grade and never set limits for yourself, hope for an A* if anything.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by celen

that course is extremely competitive iirc only around 20 spots? youd need AAA.
Have you considered calling them up and asking how flexible they are likely to be?

As has been said, it's a competitive course but no one here can answer if you'll get in with a B. Maybe call them up and ask and it might help you take the pressure off if you get a positive answer - alternatively it might be that motivation you need. :smile:
Reply 4
I'm doing creative writing and got A*AA but I know people from Sociology and Engineering who got Cs or Bs instead of As. I guess it depends how much they want you as a student and what the competition is like.

Quick Reply

Latest