The Student Room Group

Aqa Pya5 Approaches

surely you can just learn only 2 approaches and 1 not even in detail! i mean my teacher (****iest as hell though) said that we could pick any of approaches to answer the question,

So doesnt that mean for example we could learn just the key concepts in the psychodynamic approach (or whatever approach u find easiest) and then learn everything (as in the key concepts, evaluation of the approach, methodology used and the evaluation of the methodology used) in the other chosen approach?
Reply 1
yep! thats about what im doing
It may b better to know 3 because sometimes they put question in, where it is hard to use certain approaches to describe if you know what i mean
Reply 3
Yeah that's pretty much it! But its best to know a few as if the question asked about something involving lots of people (e.g. popularity of rollercoasters/thrill rides, or frantic behaviour for January shopping sales etc) its harder to use say a theory like Psychodynamic. However that's great for an individual scenario.

In my opinion I would learn Psychdynamic and Behavioural in detail and then maybe another as well. Guess it depends which ones you prefer at the end of the day.
Reply 4
i love evolutionary. in order to revise for approaches you can just make a few things that you will want to include as part of the approaches as an idea
Reply 5
well im def doing the psychodynamic approach in detail and only the key concepts of the other one, what one do u think i shoud choose?
Reply 6
i was always taught to do behavioural and evolutionary, and a bit of psychodynamic. But then we were told to pick between evolution and psychodynamic.

i would say evolutuionary.
Reply 7
Biological is always a good one to know, as you can put alot of the causes down to stress responses, heart rate, breathing etc.

Pschodynamic is a very good one to know though as you can always do a case study for part c of the question and if you know the strength and weaknesses of this type it becomes easier to answer.
Reply 8
Hi Guys

I do a night class, and missed the PYA5 coverage :frown:, the teacher basically covered it all in one class, and it was after the AS resits so many didnt go, now Im stuck, as anyone got a template for behavioural and Psychological approached they could email me [email protected] , dont want to panic as PYA4 tomorrow :frown:

........When I get my notes started on PYA5 Il be happy to send to anyone, just want to get it started

Goodluck

x x x x

Latest

Trending

Trending