Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Onyxia's Lair of discussion for World of Warcraft

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 26 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roobsa)
    I was raid ready (albeit the lower end of the ready) within 2 days of hitting 85. Helps I was given a lot of crafted/valor and justice point gear by my mates, but it's very quick with some help.
    Aye, I was on last night. They were running a FL raid, got a set of shoulders and gloves BoE epics. So I get them when I hit 85 it lvl 378 :woo: Craft a belt too. Shouldn't take long.

How do heroics and **** work now? Same as WotLK? Once a day etc etc
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    Its a joke, my characters have no meaning any more. before if you had more then 1 level 70 (talking about TBC) it was pretty special, you found it hard to play both at a high level unless you had lots of time, or a guild to help you. It didnt take a few days to get a max level character back then, it took me weeks/months and lots of dedication.

Now I have like 3-4, everyone has 4+ characters, and they cant play them well. As in TBC you were specifically playing one character so you for the most part were decent at playing them.

Heroic's now, walk in, kill mobs (AOE of course). and get free tokens. Redo this as many times as you need to get the epics you want.

They should stop letting people trade PvE marks for PvP ones and vice versa.

The Lich King tie in for WOTLK was good, it felt good fighting him almost like a proper build up.

Apparently they are bringing Illidan back too, mega lols ruining another aspect of the game there.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    How dare they make the game easier to allow casuals to actually see a lot of the game as opposed to being forced to do sweet f all with an ungeared level 60.. :rolleyes:
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommyjw)
    How dare they make the game easier to allow casuals to actually see a lot of the game as opposed to being forced to do sweet f all with an ungeared level 60.. :rolleyes:
    I don't think it's so much hardcore players having a problem with it being easier for casuals to obtain a decent level of gear, just that it's too easy throughout. Content is nowhere near as difficult as it was in previous expansions / patches and getting geared takes all of a day if you're a tank or healer and able to essentially skip the dungeon finder queues.

That said, I haven't played WoW for about three months - in readiness for Guild Wars II :coma: - so, it could've changed, by all means.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Amour Toujours)
    I don't think it's so much hardcore players having a problem with it being easier for casuals to obtain a decent level of gear, just that it's too easy throughout. Content is nowhere near as difficult as it was in previous expansions / patches and getting geared takes all of a day if you're a tank or healer and able to essentially skip the dungeon finder queues.

That said, I haven't played WoW for about three months - in readiness for Guild Wars II :coma: - so, it could've changed, by all means.
    You always have been able to get similarly leveled 'geared up' in such a short space of time. Still will take a few weeks to get every slot heroic geared. Still will take months to get full raid stuff etc etc.

The 'hardcore' people still are able to get the best gear in the easiest way. Changes in past year or whatever just means casual players are able tog et closer to the gear of hardcore players than they were before.

Whether people like the dungeon finder or not is preference and isn't a 'omg this game sucks because of it' view, because i like it.. and that doesnt mean i can go around saying 'the game is better now' .. it's subjective.. same with a lot of things all these people moan about.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommyjw)
    You always have been able to get similarly leveled 'geared up' in such a short space of time. Still will take a few weeks to get every slot heroic geared. Still will take months to get full raid stuff etc etc.

The 'hardcore' people still are able to get the best gear in the easiest way. Changes in past year or whatever just means casual players are able tog et closer to the gear of hardcore players than they were before.

Whether people like the dungeon finder or not is preference and isn't a 'omg this game sucks because of it' view, because i like it.. and that doesnt mean i can go around saying 'the game is better now' .. it's subjective.. same with a lot of things all these people moan about.
    I only played for a couple of years and, for the most part, was very casual; so, I can't really comment on anything pre-WotLK. I did, however, have that experience with my first level 80 character. But, my second (and so on) were geared (to a fairly low end 'raid level', albeit) within a day after Blizz re-launched Zul'Gurub and Zul'Aman etc.

I enjoyed the dungeon finder, personally; I just didn't enjoy the 40+ minute queues that came with it as a DPS. x] I don't think there's a 'minor subjective difference in opinion' where it comes to hardcore, elitist players, mind. Anything that makes content even remotely balanced for casuals seems to be frowned upon...

I've never had an issue with in-game balancing and tweaking, my issue was with them recylcing content repeatedly and that's the reason I've taken a break from it in recent months. Who knows, it might improve over time?
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    TBC on a bad server was hard, I mean really hard. You were almost not guaranteed to get into BT. When Illidan was first downed my server had 1 kill on Vashj and no other guild remotely close.

Now, in WOTLK you could PUG LK 25, I think some PUGS got to LK 25 HC but couldnt down him on a larger server.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Amour Toujours)
    I only played for a couple of years and, for the most part, was very casual; so, I can't really comment on anything pre-WotLK. I did, however, have that experience with my first level 80 character. But, my second (and so on) were geared (to a fairly low end 'raid level', albeit) within a day after Blizz re-launched Zul'Gurub and Zul'Aman etc.

I enjoyed the dungeon finder, personally; I just didn't enjoy the 40+ minute queues that came with it as a DPS. x] I don't think there's a 'minor subjective difference in opinion' where it comes to hardcore, elitist players, mind. Anything that makes content even remotely balanced for casuals seems to be frowned upon...

I've never had an issue with in-game balancing and tweaking, my issue was with them recylcing content repeatedly and that's the reason I've taken a break from it in recent months. Who knows, it might improve over time?
    Tank = instant dungeon.
    • 26 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roobsa)
    Tank = instant dungeon.
    Druid that is Tank/Healer, beautiful :coma:
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    And so they made it worse

In patch 4.3 we’re changing the daily battleground (BG) to reward 100 conquest for a win (up from 25). In addition, every non-rated BG that you win will also give you 50 conquest. There is no limit to how many BGs you can run this way, up to the normal conquest cap.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey)
    And so they made it worse
    Haha, is that quote for real or am I getting trolled?

In before someone says its good for casuals etc, PvP is already suitable for casuals since when was it hard to do a few Arena matches once a week.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zurvan)
    Haha, is that quote for real or am I getting trolled?

In before someone says its good for casuals etc, PvP is already suitable for casuals since when was it hard to do a few Arena matches once a week.
    Its real, now they've been given the best Non-elite season set. The previous season set for honor was already good.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    Finally bought a one month trial.

Goodbye life, exams, sanity, etc... :teehee:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spacepirate-James)

Are you talking about a different game?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zurvan)
    Are you talking about a different game?
    Only WoW and Asian MMOs do such thing.
    • 33 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spacepirate-James)

:yes: by taking up that trial you've effectively signed away the life you had before

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skipp)
    :yes: by taking up that trial you've effectively signed away the life you had before

You didn't answer that question from over 1 week ago as you promised me you will, :mad:

Anyways,

At last, http://www.wowhead.com/item=46109 dropped for me after fishing over 1500 fishes!

Such a cute mount, the most amazing ground mount.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    MoP talent trees are out

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/mis...ent-calculator

This game is terminally ill.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    4.3 today!
    • 40 followers

ReputationRep:
    As much as I love WoW... I'm pretty worried about its future ;(!

I was really hoping that following Firelands being nerfed so early that Blizzard would learn from their mistakes, but DS is way to easy. My guild killed the first 3 bosses without wiping once, we wiped 1 time on 4th boss and some people didn't know what to do... As a healer, I actually had trouble keeping the tank up during the TRASH. The trash is hitting harder than bosses. C'mon Blizzard You're better than this.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 15, 2014
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.