The Student Room Group

Onyxia's Lair of discussion for World of Warcraft

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey
I will possibly be letting someone play my account while I'm at university, I hopefully will have 9 level 85's on it.

I know that people sell their accounts and stuff but wouldn't it be more fun to play the game like level 1 onwards than someone else's account. What can a person do with a FULLY HC geared out character? What would they kill/do with it?
Original post by Jiraya Sama
I know that people sell their accounts and stuff but wouldn't it be more fun to play the game like level 1 onwards than someone else's account. What can a person do with a FULLY HC geared out character? What would they kill/do with it?

I guess play BGs or explore, I've not had any low characters in ages sadly as my lowest was like 47 :frown:
I guess play BGs or explore, I've not had any low characters in ages sadly as my lowest was like 47 :frown:

Another thing lacking about World of Warcraft. Is the end game.
Another thing lacking about World of Warcraft. Is the end game.

Nah, the endgame really makes this game as good as it is.
Best thing about WoW are the CTF Battlegrounds.
Original post by TheBeatlesSuck
Best thing about WoW are the CTF Battlegrounds.

i.e. More healers = wins.

I love love love AV.
This new patch is going to be a nightmare to install...everyone including me seems to be having problems...Can't wait til I get GW2

:jive:

Who would you trust enough to actually look after your account for you?
Reply 4547
Aside from the "trusting" issue, what will you do with the 85s (which will be 90 after 25th) you haven't leveled yourself and didn't actually get the pleasure of dpsing/healing/tanking from scratch and that happiness you get when you have decent enough gear to do things and start raiding/pvping? Also especially after the whole new talent system and new stats brought in for Mop :P
Original post by Willum Infanta
This new patch is going to be a nightmare to install...everyone including me seems to be having problems...Can't wait til I get GW2

Who would you trust enough to actually look after your account for you?

Mine worked just fine for some reason. Its really odd, healing on my paladin is very OP. LFR seems harder, we almost wiped on morch with a great group.

No idea, the account doesnt really mean much to me now. Its just something I play when im bored and with so many 85's there is not a lot I can do. Though I do have an 11th slot now, I might make another mage.
No idea, the account doesnt really mean much to me now. Its just something I play when im bored and with so many 85's there is not a lot I can do. Though I do have an 11th slot now, I might make another mage.

Would be nice to see an account with classes at 85 just to get a feel for what they play like without having to spend hours levelling it and then finding you don't like it that much
Would be nice to see an account with classes at 85 just to get a feel for what they play like without having to spend hours levelling it and then finding you don't like it that much

True. I thought rogue was amazing while leveling but hated the end game raiding mechanics. Really enjoying my paladin right now.
Reply 4551

Well if you play them at max level without having used the skills or had practice before, it really isnt that much fun to play on them. its kinda like gathering all the notes on the lectures the day before the exam without attending any of them and trying to learn them all in one day as opposed to attending lectures :tongue:

But if you re so keen on having a lot of 85s , the earlier expansions are so cheap now afaik, just "recruit a friend", a second account of yourself and especially if you get someone to boost you, you can get any char to 80 with 3x the xp. And if you pay for the first month on the 2nd acc, you get 1 month free on your main acc so no downside except buying the expansion/s.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by tuile
Well if you play them at max level without having used the skills or had practice before, it really isnt that much fun to play on them. its kinda like gathering all the notes on the lectures the day before the exam without attending any of them and trying to learn them all in one day as opposed to attending lectures :tongue:

But if you re so keen on having a lot of 85s , the earlier expansions are so cheap now afaik, just "recruit a friend", a second account of yourself and especially if you get someone to boost you, you can get any char to 80 with 3x the xp. And if you pay for the first month on the 2nd acc, you get 1 month free on your main acc so no downside except buying the expansion/s.

Also the fact that now you can get Vanilla & BC for £4, Lich king for £5 and Cataclysm for £5.
Reply 4553
Also the fact that now you can get Vanilla & BC for £4, Lich king for £5 and Cataclysm for £5.

I didnt know the prices in pounds, but tbh it sounds reasonable :tongue: you can level as many 80s as you want for a month and more for £9 if you re so keen on class picking :smile:

And the last 5 levels can help you decide if you like that char or not...

Well the classes have totally changed in 5.0.4 to be fair. My warrior feels MUCH better as does the warlock.
Well the classes have totally changed in 5.0.4 to be fair. My warrior feels MUCH better as does the warlock.

Warlocks are meant to be OP now or something?

Yeah, I feel like world of warcraft has changed completely. Fly to the balloon next to the teleports to Uldum/Vashir and stuff in stormwind and you can see the first ever PANDA's in world of warcraft :biggrin: They look amazing
Original post by tuile
I didnt know the prices in pounds, but tbh it sounds reasonable :tongue: you can level as many 80s as you want for a month and more for £9 if you re so keen on class picking :smile:

And the last 5 levels can help you decide if you like that char or not...

Yeah, on my battle account I have already 2x accounts up to Cataclysm. Might be another just in case I decide to multi box in the future. Best time to buy it now.
Warlocks are meant to be OP now or something?

Yeah, I feel like world of warcraft has changed completely. Fly to the balloon next to the teleports to Uldum/Vashir and stuff in stormwind and you can see the first ever PANDA's in world of warcraft :biggrin: They look amazing

Well for destro the chaos bolt crits all the time and seems to crit for 50k on my awful geared warlock. I got a 70k crit when sacrificing a demon.
Reply 4558
I'm quite unhappy about the changes in prime/major glyphs :P None of the glyphs actually seem to be providing anything good, dpswise (on ret). Not so bad on my priest though but the state of shamans is a big mystery to me right now :biggrin:

Yesterday, all spellcasters did incredible dps, along with assassination rogues. Ret dps is okay and the burst can still be good, but there is no substantial change in the overall dps which is disappointing :frown:
Even though world of warcraft is bugging out now and giving me all sorts of problems. Pre ordering MOP right now :biggrin:

Anyone else having any problems? When I am using a portal to Uldum the loading screen seems to be taking forever and then it doesn't load at all even after say an hour. Gah.

Also all loading screens seem to be taking ages even thought "apparently" world of warcraft has had its own optimization program running.

Quick Reply

Latest