The Student Room Group

Unexpected change in grades

Was predicted to come out BBC in my A levels this year and wanted to either go to Northumbria or Sheffield Hallam. However, I have had an unexpected change in my coursework for one of my A2 subjects and will no longer get a grade for it, so will be unable to get a B overall and will be lucky to come out overall with a D, possibly an E. How do I move forward from this?
And do I sit the A2 exam hoping for a D, or just resit my AS and try to get as high as possible in that? Although this will mean I will only have 2 A levels.
Reply 1
What was "unexpected" about it?
Reply 2
Original post by JC.
What was "unexpected" about it?

Basically, a week before the project was handed in, they said that I hadn't put in enough effort in our group and so I would be unable to get the grade for it, its 60% of the A2.
Reply 3
Original post by rosal1385
Basically, a week before the project was handed in, they said that I hadn't put in enough effort in our group and so I would be unable to get the grade for it, its 60% of the A2.

Any means of disputing that? Cross referencing what you did against the sylabus?
Reply 4
Original post by JC.
Any means of disputing that? Cross referencing what you did against the sylabus?

I've tried but they're not having it. This all happened about a month ago aswell so I'm worried I've left it too late. Already did an extra year at sixth form so I'm not sure what I can do next year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending