The Student Room Group
Reply 1
If you intend to do a gap year (which they seem to like for Engineering) I would strongly recommend The Year in Industry scheme http://www.yini.org.uk/
Reply 2
I did two weeks at the Leeds office of Arup. They've most likely got an office near you, although admittedly they are predominantly Civil Engineers. They also do a pre-uni year out scheme.
Reply 3
elpollodiablouk
I did two weeks at the Leeds office of Arup. They've most likely got an office near you, although admittedly they are predominantly Civil Engineers. They also do a pre-uni year out scheme.

*Coming to a town near you* You sound like a walking add :biggrin:
Aha! Well I was about to start a new thread on this, but I thought I may as well take this one...

Right so I'm interested in engineering too, and I'll be starting Lower Sixth next year. And every Wednesday afternoon next year we have "enrichment" where we do stuff to help our university applications, and apparently the best way to use this time is by doing relevant work experience.

It's only going to be every Wednesday afternoon but for all three terms I think, maybe in the U6 as well. What kind of engineering-related work experience could I do?

Latest