The Student Room Group

Damn UCAS website...

Was anyone else told that at midnight they would be able to log onto the UCAS website and find out whether they had been accepted, eg by the fact a conditional place had become unconditional?

I know for a fact the last 2 years this was possible! But I just checked their site and was basically told to bugger off and come back later.

I'm a bit gutted really... means I'll have to wait for my email from school at 9am tomorrow! But maybe it's for the best... what website could possibly handle that sort of load of users so tightly focused around midnight.

Best of luck to you ALL. I'm here shitting myself...

Ed
TEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDY
ure back aint heard from u in a long time dude!

yea i agree wid u
wel shit appenz move on

Tednol
Was anyone else told that at midnight they would be able to log onto the UCAS website and find out whether they had been accepted, eg by the fact a conditional place had become unconditional?

I know for a fact the last 2 years this was possible! But I just checked their site and was basically told to bugger off and come back later.

I'm a bit gutted really... means I'll have to wait for my email from school at 9am tomorrow! But maybe it's for the best... what website could possibly handle that sort of load of users so tightly focused around midnight.

Ed
I'm annoyed that they've frozen data displayed there. It would relieve so much pressure if I was given a simple 'yes' or 'no'. It would also brace me for my results tomorrow.
Reply 3
Unregistered
TEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDY
ure back aint heard from u in a long time dude!

yea i agree wid u
wel shit appenz move on

LOL yea sorry I've been a bit busy recently. My girlfriend and my work have taken up most of my free time. But I've got the next week free from work! Hope everyone has been having fun while I've been away.

Ed
I was so looking forward to that too.But what can you do.
Reply 5
Tednol

Ed

So let me get this straight......tonight isn't a good time for us AS students to be visiting the UCAS site for a bit of Uni research??? LOL :biggrin:
Reply 6
Unregistered
I'm annoyed that they've frozen data displayed there. It would relieve so much pressure if I was given a simple 'yes' or 'no'. It would also brace me for my results tomorrow.

Which is what 2001 students had, and the 2002 students had before UCAS crashed... would have been nice to have gone to bed tonight at least knowing what we could expect in the morning.
Reply 7
Leekey
So let me get this straight......tonight isn't a good time for us AS students to be visiting the UCAS site for a bit of Uni research??? LOL :biggrin:

Tonight would be a great night seeing as the rest of the UCAS site has been turned off!!!

Anyway, night night all. Must try and sleep...
Reply 8
Tednol
Tonight would be a great night seeing as the rest of the UCAS site has been turned off!!!

Anyway, night night all. Must try and sleep...

Last year, they turned off all next year courses while clearing was on.
Your conditional offer was unsuccessful

Yep and we'd all be tired after reading that. :wink:
What will it say when you access your account after 12 tomorrow?
Reply 11
Unregistered
What will it say when you access your account after 12 tomorrow?

Probably:

The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.
Reply 12
Koloth
Probably:

The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

its slow now
Oh wow, the UCAS site has just been updated. Clearing information is being shown and maybe JUST MAYBE they've unfrozen that thing.
Reply 14
Unregistered
Oh wow, the UCAS site has just been updated. Clearing information is being shown and maybe JUST MAYBE they've unfrozen that thing.

use the official thread now for clearing info please :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending