The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I killed loads of mouses in the mouse wid the sticky mat but trust me they keep on coming back!! Its like wen ever i think its over, theyre gon- they return!!lol. My brother saw one half a hour ago!
Reply 21
Bump
Reply 22
I just saw a mouse running under my arm chair.

They never piss-off!

And the mouse in my house are real clever lol.
Reply 23
PinkMobilePhone
lol no chance of that.

Picture it:

mouse droppings everywhere
important books/documents/even cassettes chewed up and destroyed
biscuits/bread/chocolate packets all nibbled into and munched on

mice are cute and fluffy, I admit, but they are complete and utter pests.

*looks round* - there's one behind me as I type!

You should reallllly get rid of those! Mice carry all sorts of diseases which can be harmful to humans and i'm pretty sure you have a child and another on the way. I watched how clean is your house on thursday and this woman had a mice problem like the one you seemed to have described, basically they were carrying 2 really nasty diseases. I hope you don't eat food once they've chewed into it mind!
Reply 24
:mad: Uhm I saw them proper good yesterday night. Also rats are much worse than mice come on! The rats hide in walls and ceilings and go in your garbage. Rats are so Fuc*i*g huge! Also they don't scare off a lot such as mice do when you say ' SHOOO ' they just get shocked and take a few steps back but don't run off. Rats are so disgusting and nasty, I think they smell my clothes or touch my food :mad: I don't want to use those sticky things on a rat they squel so hard overnight and make the worst sounds.
Reply 25
Rukmedes
:mad: Uhm I saw them proper good yesterday night. Also rats are much worse than mice come on! The rats hide in walls and ceilings and go in your garbage. Rats are so Fuc*i*g huge! Also they don't scare off a lot such as mice do when you say ' SHOOO ' they just get shocked and take a few steps back but don't run off. Rats are so disgusting and nasty, I think they smell my clothes or touch my food :mad: I don't want to use those sticky things on a rat they squel so hard overnight and make the worst sounds.

We have a mice problem and we think that's bad but rats are obviously much much worse.

Get rat traps, poison and etc.
Reply 26
Rukmedes

I couldn't physically live in a house with rats running around it, i would have to move out. I have this phobia of them and i've no idea how it developed but i couldn't even sleep when we had mice for like a week in winter. I think it's the thought that they could climb up onto my bed during the night :frown: Ugh.
gracie88
You should reallllly get rid of those! Mice carry all sorts of diseases which can be harmful to humans and i'm pretty sure you have a child and another on the way. I watched how clean is your house on thursday and this woman had a mice problem like the one you seemed to have described, basically they were carrying 2 really nasty diseases. I hope you don't eat food once they've chewed into it mind!

Good god of course I don't eat food if they've been at it, and I clean up every day - I don't just leave the mouse crap all over the place, but yeh I know I need to get rid of them believe me I've been trying!

So far I've tried humane mouse traps - caught 5 mice that way and drove up to the park and released them
Then I tried poison - killed 1 mouse that way
Then I tried snap-traps - killed 1 mouse that way

But we still have a mouse problem and it's driving me bonkers!

Actually a couple of days ago I caught one by accident....it fell into a bucket in the kitchen and couldn't get back out lol. It was kind of amusing watching it bounce around. I took the whole bucket to the park and tipped the mouse out and it ran off.

I'm in the process of sorting out my house - like a mass spring clean kind of thing - all the wardrobes and stuff. When I've done that, I'm going to call in exterminators, but I can't see how them putting down poison will work any better than me doing it myself. I need the whole house to be fumigated really.
Reply 28
PinkMobilePhone
Good god of course I don't eat food if they've been at it, and I clean up every day - I don't just leave the mouse crap all over the place, but yeh I know I need to get rid of them believe me I've been trying!

So far I've tried humane mouse traps - caught 5 mice that way and drove up to the park and released them

Actually a couple of days ago I caught one by accident....it fell into a bucket in the kitchen and couldn't get back out lol. It was kind of amusing watching it bounce around. I took the whole bucket to the park and tipped the mouse out and it ran off.

I'm in the process of sorting out my house - like a mass spring clean kind of thing - all the wardrobes and stuff. When I've done that, I'm going to call in exterminators, but I can't see how them putting down poison will work any better than me doing it myself. I need the whole house to be fumigated really.

Also need somebody to come in and try and close up the gaps by which they are getting in! I dunno if exteminators deal with that though.
Yes true - there is one hole in the skirting board behind the sofa - I THINK it goes down to the basement - so I think they are coming from there, but there must be some other holes somewhere I would assume I just don't know where.

I was thinking of getting some cement or something to close it off but not sure if that would work.
Not nice :\
Get a mousetrap or get a professional to lace places with poison.
Reply 31
What kind of diseases do mice and rat carry?? Jus out of interest
Reply 32
PinkMobilePhone

how you let them go without killing it i really dont know

rats are vile and i wouldnt be able to live in the house with them

i hear they like sausages in the mousetrap btw:wink:
Reply 33
There`s a rat in me kitchen what am I gonna do?
There`s a rat in me kitchen what am I gonna go?
I`m gonna fix that rat thats what I`m gonna do,
I`m gonna fix that rat
bubu
how you let them go without killing it i really dont know

rats are vile and i wouldnt be able to live in the house with them

i hear they like sausages in the mousetrap btw:wink:

Well I have mice, not rats, so they are pretty cute and small....I don't enjoy killing them, I'd much rather get rid of them humanely if possible, but of course if it's a choice between living with them in the house, or killing them, I'd kill them anyday.

But as I happened to catch some humanely, I didn't see why I should kill them, when I could just let them go in the park. Much pleasanter all round!

Mice seem to like chocolate a lot I have to say.
Reply 35
call in the pros
Reply 36
I saw a rat in our garden. I scremed so loudly :frown:
You seem very brave! I would actually leave the house until the exterminator was in and I'm not joking. We live on a farm so I'm used to seeing them in the grain store but if they were in the house I'd have to leave. Call the council in immediately - if you're in doubt read fact 2:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/waste/story/0,,768242,00.html

Latest

Trending

Trending