The Student Room Group

Best student accoms in Birmingham for 1st year

Which uni accoms in Brum are good. I was gonna pick lakeside but I’m hearing that it’s rat central?! My other options are staniforth but idk PLS HELP
Original post by an.yeke
Which uni accoms in Brum are good. I was gonna pick lakeside but I’m hearing that it’s rat central?! My other options are staniforth but idk PLS HELP
Hi @an.yeke

I stayed in Bentley House in my first year last year - which is a street across from Staniforth House. I liked it here as it's close to the city centre and campus, and the reception team were always helpful. I had an ensuite room in a flat of 5. There's a 24 hour gym included too.

I've not been inside Staniforth House, but I have visited Lakeside and had friends who have stayed there with no problems at all. City living can mean the occasional furry friend sighting - but in all honesty this can happen near any accommodation or place near the city.

Have a look at the accommodations' web pages. I don't know about all of them, but Bentley House has an Instagram page, so maybe have a look here too. Before choosing my accommodation, I also read the online Google reviews for past student experiences.

Best of luck! :smile:
Emily
Student Rep at BCU

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending