The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I think computer science is a broader subject. Does computer engineering include a programming element?
Reply 2
It's impossible to asnwer the question. I've seen computer engineering courses that are a EXACTLY the same kind of course as comp sci and vice versa (uni's can call thier courses what they please). The only way to decide about the differences is to look at the course content and the modules on offer. :smile:
Reply 3
sbailey
I think computer science is a broader subject. Does computer engineering include a programming element?

yes it does...... but i am not sure what difference is there in the application of each........ i guess Leekey is right..... depends on the course content of each.
Reply 4
[QUOTE='[_Z_]']yes it does...... but i am not sure what difference is there in the application of each........ i guess Leekey is right..... depends on the course content of each.
The difference is that Comp Sci usually has a small hardware element whereas hardware should be a core component of Comp Eng. In reality the dividing lines are very blurred!
Reply 5
k..... thanx...... what is the difference between the job of a comp.eng and a bsc comp sci....?....... i was under the impression that comp sci is more towards the programming side..
Reply 6
i think comp sci is virtually programming and software side, whereas comp. engineering looks more at the hardware as well.
Reply 7
[QUOTE='[_Z_]']k..... thanx...... what is the difference between the job of a comp.eng and a bsc comp sci....?....... i was under the impression that comp sci is more towards the programming side..

Scientists are those who know their area(theories) well.

Engineers are those who can build thing works (of course strong in programming & software theories).

First rate Engineers are those who not only know the area very well but also build thing works.

so, who do you think will be preferred by the employers?

Latest