The Student Room Group

i need advice please

so my science gcse ocr exam is next week I have learnt all the contents done all of the past papers from 2009-2014 but just done a 2015 paper and got an A which is good but I wanted an A* and I don't know what im doing wrong
Theres no difference between A* and A dude. If you're already getting an A for your past papers it means you know everything now. Its will all come down to luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile
implying that proves anything? lol
exam boards don't follow trends/patterns anymore lmfao

they hate predictions, this is why you should never use predictions LMFAO
Original post by chris2791
so my science gcse ocr exam is next week I have learnt all the contents done all of the past papers from 2009-2014 but just done a 2015 paper and got an A which is good but I wanted an A* and I don't know what im doing wrong

This is just one test out of many that you've taken so I wouldn't worry about it. In the meantime, try to look through the 2015 paper and see where you went wrong.
Look through the specification and highlight everything you have learnt so you don't miss anything?
You've answered your own question.
Go over what you got wrong in all of the completed papers and improve on them, If you're getting top marks it will be easy to see where your skills lack, even if its dropping 1 mark on a 5marker. You need to see what you can improve on, that might be using context more, developing your answers, being more accurate on your multiplication or even using the equations.

You should be happy with an A, it could be much worse and at the end of day - if you get an A in the exam, you can hardly say that you failed. You have access to pretty much every course that requires X grade in Science.
Yeah GCSEs don't determine too much, especially if you get an A! I mean I'm disappointed in some of my A's such as maths but at the end of the day the AS and A2 levels are more important.
Just keep doing what you're doing, best of luck!
Reply 7
hey, i would suggest practising exam technique by looking at the mark scheme and really focussing on the type of answers they want this can really help picking up those extra marks you need.

Quick Reply

Latest