The Student Room Group

RAMADAN 2016 Any muslims planning on secretly not fasting?

I was born into a muslim family, wouldn't consider myself a practicing Muslim at all. Last Ramadan i didn't fast i secretly ate when no one was around and i'm planning to do the same this year too as Ramadan approaches in a few weeks time. What are your thoughts on this? Do any fellow 'muslims' do this too? I know it's bad but i really don't see the point in fasting if i don't even practice the religion...? If you're a non muslims what are your thoughts on my decision? Just curious :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I was born into a muslim family, wouldn't consider myself a practicing Muslim at all. Last Ramadan i didn't fast i secretly ate when no one was around and i'm planning to do the same this year too as Ramadan approaches in a few weeks time. What are your thoughts on this? Do any fellow 'muslims' do this too? I know it's bad but i really don't see the point in fasting if i don't even practice the religion...? If you're a non muslims what are your thoughts on my decision? Just curious :smile:

Astagfirullah
I'm planning to do that this year - cba
It's haram. Mum might beat me with her shoe. :cry:
Reply 4
Original post by Taroba123
Astagfirullah

why though...? :s-smilie:
Reply 5

same yo i can't function without food and i don't see the point in fasting really... i'm just a lot worse because i'm hungry which makes me mad and more angrier than normal.

Anonymous #1 and #2. Saying in 1 thread your 21 and then in the other you're 17. That ain't going to get you anywhere!
Stop making fake threads:colonhash:
(edited 7 years ago)
In the words of maryam or whoever it was going around the forum, "haram"
Reply 8
no
fasting and salah, i can never bunk them, not becuase of being forced by family.
im already committing a lot of sins how am i gonna ask for forgiveness from Allah if those are gone?
i really advise you to fast this year bro, maybe Allah would forgive your other sins you never know
it's your choice at the end of the day tho feel free to do what you want
Reply 9
That's some sneaky **** tbh, if you don't want to fast then tell your parents how you feel better then sneaking around but your parents aren't who you should feel bad about. Fear Allah, inshallah he guides you in the right path :smile:

If you don't want to follow Muslim, Why not tell your family?

It's fine to be different.
Original post by Rhythmical
It's haram. Mum might beat me with her shoe. :cry:

Yes, but what if you secretly eat..? Your mum won't know therefore she can't beat you.... !
Yes, but what if you secretly eat..? Your mum won't know therefore she can't beat you.... !

She has eyes man.
As a non-Muslim in a Muslim family, I don't blame your decision and don't think you're doing anything wrong. If you were trying to call yourself a Muslim but refused to fast, I'd see an issue but it's your issue to address, no one else's. You're not practicing the religion, so it hardly matters. Just don't get caught or you're screwed.

Honestly, I see it the same way I see having been forced to go to church as a kid. I'm sitting there to pass the time and because I have no other choice, not because I'm actually praying, paying attention or reading the Bible etc. And when you finally live alone, you won't have to pretend anymore.
Reply 14
nahh don't do that just fast and be proud you got through it or just say your not fasting:K:
Original post by *Alisha*
Anonymous #1 and #2. Saying in 1 thread your 21 and then in the other you're 17. That ain't going to get you anywhere!

I'm so confused by your post please rephrase is this directed at me...?
How old are you?

You forgot to mention Allah swt all seeing all hearing. Inshallah Allah can guide you, you don't fast for your mother you do it for Allah swt.
Reply 18
No. I don't do immature stuff like that.

Ramadan is the best time of the year so I try and make the most out of it.
Just don't fast if you don't want to.. no need to pretend to imo

Quick Reply

Latest