The Student Room Group

Portfolio for Product design course at university.

Hey, I am currently working on a portfolio of my work in order to apply to university to study Product design. I do Design technology at A level and i am just wondering what sort of things i should include in my portfolio and what a university looks for in one.
Original post by ebw1
Hey, I am currently working on a portfolio of my work in order to apply to university to study Product design. I do Design technology at A level and i am just wondering what sort of things i should include in my portfolio and what a university looks for in one.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=974132
Original post by ebw1

Hey there!

Any clues on where you'd like to study?

We are in London and next to the O2!

Check our BA (Hons) Design products course

Here's a little help with your portfolio click me

If you are interested in design products and work in the creative industry then check us out Click Me

Good luck
Ahlia
Original post by ebw1

Hi there!

I do Product Design in Ravensbourne, I am currently going to third year and from what I can remember when I was making my portfolio I had a variation of designs and showed exploration in my ideas through using different materials and design!

My advice would be is to make sure you show a lot of problem solving when making or improving a product or design as the interviewer tends to look at the process too not just the final design! :smile:

Which university are planning to go to?

Have you heard of Ravensbourne?

We are in London and next to the O2! :smile:

Check our BA (Hons) Design Products

Visit us during open day click here for the tickets!

I wish you luck and hope to see you soon,
Ahlia :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest