The Student Room Group

Pain is good

Not like testicular pain.

But that feeling that you aren't where you want to be yet. That you haven't achieved everything you want yet. I feel pain when I see people who have done better than me because I know how capable I am.

And actually when you no longer feel any pain at being at the level you are at, thats when you've just accepted that life cannot get better for you. That is a bad situation.

I am guided by that niggling feeling that I can do more and can be more.
I'd just prefer to be at the top from start; working hard is boring.
Reply 2
Original post by Mayhem™
I'd just prefer to be at the top from start; working hard is boring.

Its an unsatisfying and pointless life.

Working hard feels good when you succeed.
Well.. it is good to always want to be improving yourself. Not sure about pain though :redface:
Reply 4
Original post by Arvindasaur
Not like testicular pain.

But that feeling that you aren't where you want to be yet. That you haven't achieved everything you want yet. I feel pain when I see people who have done better than me because I know how capable I am.

And actually when you no longer feel any pain at being at the level you are at, thats when you've just accepted that life cannot get better for you. That is a bad situation.

I am guided by that niggling feeling that I can do more and can be more.

I see
:afro:
Reply 5
Original post by SeanFM
Well.. it is good to always want to be improving yourself. Not sure about pain though :redface:

You've got to want to succeed badly.
Reply 6
My theory is that fat people are that way because they have stopped feeling bad about their BMI.
Reply 7
Do you mean "pain" as in that feeling that you get when you feel like there won't be enough time to do everything you want? Because I get that.

I have to remind myself that I'm only 18 and that I have plenty of time to do everything I want to do. Worrying about time keeps me motivated but it also means I try and do everything at once.
Reply 8
Original post by markreed
Do you mean "pain" as in that feeling that you get when you feel like there won't be enough time to do everything you want? Because I get that.

I have to remind myself that I'm only 18 and that I have plenty of time to do everything I want to do. Worrying about time keeps me motivated but it also means I try and do everything at once.

Yes something like that.

Note: first line. NOT testicular pain

This of course applies to life in general and growing as a person, not just the gym.

Original post by SeanFM

kmt why you taking my thread down for?

Quick Reply

Latest