The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jono*
Imo for an agnostic or atheist the question of whether the universe was intelligent design or chance is the most important thing to discuss, and then if you decide that it wasn't randomness, then to ask the question of "which God is the true God, if any?"

Or we don't know until further evidence is found? I have never really understood why certainty of such complex questions is required. I don't know surely makes little difference.
god is god, god is real, it did not say humans and animals were created a the same time it said humans were the last creation of god.Adam and Eve were the last creation of god.The dinosaurs were not mentioned because either god did not want to or it's just un-important
Because the writers of the Quran and the Bible most probably had no knowledge of dinosaurs
Dinosaurs were animals that had become corrupted, weren't taken into the ark, and died in the flood. Dinosaurs were created by God,
Reply 184
Original post by Alien Warrior
???

Because the people who wrote the Bible and Quran had no idea that dinosaurs existed.
personally, I am an atheist when it comes to religion, however, I don’t see why any religious text would need to mention dinosaurs? There are plenty of creatures that weren’t mentioned in The Bible/Quran which we know to exist today.
Reply 186
Original post by katyb06
personally, I am an atheist when it comes to religion, however, I don’t see why any religious text would need to mention dinosaurs? There are plenty of creatures that weren’t mentioned in The Bible/Quran which we know to exist today.

Given that the dinosaurs were the dominant lifeforms for hundreds of millions of years, and may still have been if not for a cataclysmic extinction event - it seems pretty clear that such a thing warrants a mention in a description of the origin and history of life on earth, even a brief one. After all, both the Bible and Quran mention an extinction event that didn't happen.
The reason they are not mentioned is because the authors had no knowledge of them.
Original post by WADR
Given that the dinosaurs were the dominant lifeforms for hundreds of millions of years, and may still have been if not for a cataclysmic extinction event - it seems pretty clear that such a thing warrants a mention in a description of the origin and history of life on earth, even a brief one. After all, both the Bible and Quran mention an extinction event that didn't happen.
The reason they are not mentioned is because the authors had no knowledge of them.

Why would dino existence in any form warrant a mention when the bible is about humans and God, not all life forms in general. The animals that are specifically mentioned are used or have some relation to the humans (main character). If bible was a movie, animals would be listed as an extra who may get no name. Sheep #1.

Your statement is like adding in depth or even a glance mention of aliens in a cop thriller. Some things have no place.
Reply 188
Original post by da_nolo
Why would dino existence in any form warrant a mention when the bible is about humans and God, not all life forms in general. The animals that are specifically mentioned are used or have some relation to the humans (main character). If bible was a movie, animals would be listed as an extra who may get no name. Sheep #1.

Have you read the Bible? It mentions all sorts of stuff apart from God and humans, including catastrophic extinction events. The cataclysmic extinction event that ended the dinosaurs' rule of the planet certainly warrants a mention. Without it, humans may not even be here.

Your statement is like adding in depth or even a glance mention of aliens in a cop thriller. Some things have no place.

Poor analogy.
It's more like not mentioning aliens in a film about man's colonisation of space, including planets where aliens were once dominant.
Original post by WADR
Have you read the Bible? It mentions all sorts of stuff apart from God and humans, including catastrophic extinction events. The cataclysmic extinction event that ended the dinosaurs' rule of the planet certainly warrants a mention. Without it, humans may not even be here.

Poor analogy.
It's more like not mentioning aliens in a film about man's colonisation of space, including planets where aliens were once dominant.

1.please list what extinctions are mentioned in Bible that is not a floor with an ark and a man named Noah.

The flood story is a good example to what I mentioned before. The story includes animals but does not list each and every animal by name. Instead we are given examples or generalized descriptions. This occurs because the animals are not the primary audience or concern. Meanwhile there is a book/section dedicated to exact names for generations to depict a lineage. Person a begotten person b.

2. Which means exact animal names for every creature that existed or has no interaction with a main character is an unrelated, confusing, bizarre thing. Modern novels are chriticised for having unrelated material within the book.

Like I said, it's having an alien mentioned for no apparent reason other than to mention it in a novel about cops. If it has nothing to do with the story, it doesn't belong.

Latest

Trending

Trending