The Student Room Group

RE GCSE

I know you need to know quotes from the bible for some of the RE GCSE questions, but I was wondering if you also needed to know the book which they're from? For example: "Matthew 15:21-28"
i would learn the name of the book but i don't have the time of day to learn the verse bit (e.g. i would learn matthew, but leave out the 15:21 bit. it's better if you can remember it but i don't and still do okay). hope this helps :smile:
Original post by oliviamogey1
I know you need to know quotes from the bible for some of the RE GCSE questions, but I was wondering if you also needed to know the book which they're from? For example: "Matthew 15:21-28"

I definitely don’t think it’s necessary to learn the specifics for all your quotes. I sat my papers last year and I just wrote ‘the bible states’ for most references, and came out with a 9! I would say it would be more worth it to learn a greater range of quotes than to spend time memorising where the quotes come from, but as the previous reply mentioned, it would be useful to recognise/know the name of the book. Good luck :smile:
Original post by oliviamogey1

No. Here's what AQA themselves have said:

https://www.aqa.org.uk/resources/rel...their%20answer.

"Any references to religious teachings can be paraphrased, as in other question types. Students don’t need to cite references in their answer. Furthermore, other sources of wisdom & authority such as religious leaders, set prayers, hymns, the Catechism and key religious figures are also creditworthy."

Quick Reply

Latest