The Student Room Group

Inssurance choice

Dear everyone on the student room
Today I ask you all a favour, to anyone that still goes on this site at this time of the year, please can you suggest to me a suitably low insurance choice for English. My school has this ridiculous tradition of making us waist two of our choices as insurrances (in the BCC-CCC region).
thanks in advance!
Obscure_d
Reply 1
If you consider the BCC-CCC offering universities a REAL waste of your time & abilities, DON'T apply to them. It is absolutely nothing to do with your school - they can advise, but not dictate.

If, however, it is a *good* idea then good luck deciding! (Sorry, cant be more helpful than that).
Reply 2
Chichester might be worth a look

Can recommend it as a university as a whole (I'm doing History) so don't know that much about the English department bar what friends have told me.
Reply 3
if you're applying for 08 entry, don't you only get 5 choices?

2 insurance places seems quite a waste, if you really are talking about places in the BCC-CCC range and you're predicted anything above BBB.

maybe apply to one insitution like that, but if you do miss your grades and get results lower than BBB, there will be plenty of places on clearing come results day.
Reply 4
I'm sorry everyone, but I have to say it: please work on your spelling a bit before going to uni to do English.
Yes, '08 entry get only five UCAS choices.

I wouldn't listen to your school. Naturally, you wouldn't want to apply to the five most competitive universities, but there is no need to apply for 'insurance' places where the entry requirements are so low that you would not consider going there.

To answer your question, if you do want such an insurance choice, bearing in mind that English is very competitive, you will probably be looking at the former polytechnic universities. The best of the bunch, most likely Oxford Brookes, Sheffield Hallam or Leeds Metropolitan ask for grades around BCC. If you really want to have 'insurance choices' in this respect, then one should be just fine.

Don't put down Edinburgh as an insurance choice. So many people do.

Latest

Trending

Trending