The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
How did everyone find it?
Reply 2
Hmmm not too bad. It was a resit and whilst i think i did better this time, i still know i made silly mistakes, for exampe identifying the ion for molecular peak 15, i put CH3, when its CH3+. Bah, oh well.
Reply 3
That wasn't too bad, although I didn't like the first question that much. I stupidly put 3d54s1 for the electron configuration though :frown:
How do you think it went? I thought the last question was well tricky! Completely messed it up!
Reply 5
lol i got a max of 50%, not bad considering i didn't do any revision or go to any lessons in ages.
Reply 6
thought it went OK, couple of trickies couple of easies, nothing horrific!:smile:
Reply 7
I thought it went pretty well.

What was the oxidation state of nickel? 4+?
Reply 8
WelshMe
Hmmm not too bad. It was a resit and whilst i think i did better this time, i still know i made silly mistakes, for exampe identifying the ion for molecular peak 15, i put CH3, when its CH3+. Bah, oh well.

Noooo ffs lol i put that too. Surely they're not that harsh?!
yeah +4 coz the O2 was -4
Reply 10
Well it was a two marker, so we'll get one mark!
I dont mind if i dont get marks because i genuinely dont know the answer, but when i lose marks because of stupid mistakes, it annoys me. Especially when im right on the border between an A and B and every little helps!
Reply 11
Yeah true i was wondering why it was 2 marks.
i thought it was horrible!!

why were there so many questions on drawing out repeating units??

and my brain just blanked when it came to recrystallisation so ive lost 4 marks there coz i attempted to make it up.

and that last question about copper was horrid!!

ergh! so disappointed :frown:
very easy exam i thought. This time i didn't leave any huge questions out for once!

The half life graph was order 2 i believe since the half life was not constant. anyone else?

Also, i didn't see recrystallistion on the syllabus, but saw it in a past mark scheme yesterday! which was lucky.
hmm....ok so i have 1 mark. yay!!

yup. that was horrible and hard and i wouldnt be surprised if i flopped that majorly :frown:
Reply 15
what did you get for the mass of the paracetamol left after 4h's?
Reply 16
I got 0.6, which is too big but it's wrong .. because I had to extrapolate, 4 hours is 14400 seconds, graph only went up to 14000..

But after 4 hours, 4 half-lives have passed which means the fraction left will be 1/16 so if you mulitply that by 1g it's 0.06 or something, that might have been the way to do it. But did it say use the graph
Reply 17
hmmmm, i got a constant half life of 3800 s so i said its first order???
Negin
what did you get for the mass of the paracetamol left after 4h's?

0.12g i think...the graph stopped early!

and i forgot to change it to g...so guess i got that wrong.
Reply 19
yeh it said use the graph so i extrapolated and got 62 mg

Latest