The Student Room Group

OCR MEDIA Critical research

Thursday afternoon- OCR MEDIA Critical Research

How are people preparing for this exam? What topics are people doing? I did this exam in January and got a D so I'm retaking as are the majority of students; the highest grade in the college was a B.
Thing is, I'm heavily under prepared for this exam as was I the first time I took it and I'm not so sure what exactely OCR are looking for in the answers. Does anyone have any tips on taking this exam? How are other colleges preparing for it?
I am doing Sport and the Media. I haven't chosen a specific topic within this category yet though. What are other people doing?
Is there any example essays on the net?
Yeah theres one on the OCR website, definetly read through the examiners notes, im doing sport in the media aswell.
Reply 2
Ah right; I had a look on the OCR website but can't seem to find it- could you link me please? Thanks
ah i got my example from the teacher, see if yours has one they should do. The examiners report is here, might be useful, it says what you should aim to do and what you shouldnt.

http://www.ocr.org.uk/Data/publications/reports/GCE_Media_Studies_Report_January_2007.pdf

However try searching A2 media critical research into google...you may find an example there.
Reply 4
Can someone help me! I've just registered and have NO idea how too start a new thread..
HOW DO I DO IT! lol :-)
thanks
xx

Latest