The Student Room Group

Making friends in second year

I know people and all that but how do I make friends in second year? is it too late? I lost a few friends in first year and im super nervous about how its going to be for me in second year......
Reply 1
Societies and part time jobs.
Societies, friends of friends, heck I'm still making friends with people on my course.
Original post by meg_r56
I know people and all that but how do I make friends in second year? is it too late? I lost a few friends in first year and im super nervous about how its going to be for me in second year......

Hello :smile:

From my time spent on The Student Room this isn't an uncommon worry! The one thing I've found from personal experience, university isn't anything like any other education that I've been in. It's not like high school or college where friendship groups stayed the same - from year to year a lot changes. I've found that going into second year my friendship groups changed - I still spoke to the people from first year, I just spent more time with new friends. This was even people from my course that I hadn't spent time with in first year. Just get talking to people, ask if they want to study or go to the library or if anybody wants to go for a drink. Attend SU nights, join societies and maybe get a small job. There a massive opportunities to make friends. Don't panic yourself!
Friends of friends.

If you have any friends at all, don't be afraid to ask them what they are doing on the most popular student night and ask if you can join them for a night out. This is how you meet new people.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending