The Student Room Group

Year 2 University Offer Questions

I applied to transfer to a university closer to home, and have recently received an offer to study the same course I am currently studying next year (I'm currently a year 1 student and have received a year 2 offer), based on meeting a certain overall grade performance in first year, as well as an offer to start year 1 again at the university. I haven't accepted the offer yet (it expires 8th June), but I'd like to know if when I accept it, if I meet the grades, whether the place at the university is automatically accepted, and how transfer begins? Do I have a choice between the current university and the new one or do I have to leave my current one straight away (as in, do I lose my place)?

If I was to accept both the year 1 and year 2 offers (as a firm and insurance), would I get a choice between the year 1 offer and my current university if I don't meet the year 2 offer requirements?

Also, how does Student Finance work? Do I have to apply for year 2 finance or is it done automatically? Also, if I transfer university, I assume I have to tell SFE, but is there a deadline for this? I won't know whether I have got in to the new university until I have completed all my exams at my current university and have received my grades for all my exams.

Thanks
Original post by dannyoboy007
I applied to transfer to a university closer to home, and have recently received an offer to study the same course I am currently studying next year (I'm currently a year 1 student and have received a year 2 offer), based on meeting a certain overall grade performance in first year, as well as an offer to start year 1 again at the university. I haven't accepted the offer yet (it expires 8th June), but I'd like to know if when I accept it, if I meet the grades, whether the place at the university is automatically accepted, and how transfer begins? Do I have a choice between the current university and the new one or do I have to leave my current one straight away (as in, do I lose my place)?

If I was to accept both the year 1 and year 2 offers (as a firm and insurance), would I get a choice between the year 1 offer and my current university if I don't meet the year 2 offer requirements?

Also, how does Student Finance work? Do I have to apply for year 2 finance or is it done automatically? Also, if I transfer university, I assume I have to tell SFE, but is there a deadline for this? I won't know whether I have got in to the new university until I have completed all my exams at my current university and have received my grades for all my exams.

Thanks

The place wouldnt automatically be accepted, you would have to send your transcript to them to confirm your grades. Unless you've suggested to your current uni that you want to withdraw, you'll have a choice. SFE isnt done automatically, you'll have to call them and tell them and do it ideally as soon as possible to get paid on time.
Thanks for the reply - Just to confirm, I will still have a choice if I firm the y2 offer and insurance the y1 offer?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending