The Student Room Group

Law careers - money or morals?

Hi all,

I'm worried that I'm doomed to corporate law because I don't have the savings to pay for my own LPC.

I'm an LLB law student. I'm doing pretty well in my degree and I've got a vacation scheme and a few other work placements this summer.

I stumbled into Law because I did Law at A-Level and was good at it. Since then I've just been following the norm and decided that I want to qualify as a solicitor.

I'm worried that I can't crack the legal career without sacrificing my morals and interests. Ideally I would work in family, environment or charity law but none of those fields have enough money to pay for an LPC - my best bet is in corporate.

I know that this is me being optimistic enough to think I can get a training contract or even a job as a paralegal.

Am I right?
I dont think so. All firms arent like Bendini, Lambert & Locke. You have a client, they have problems or things they need done and you assist in resolving them. They are businesses though. I wouldnt worry about morals and if you need to, then take further loans or qualify and then go into one of your chosen sectors.

Don't give up hope of a TC no reason to.
Best thing to do is get the city law gig first: they'll pay for your LPC, you'll get 2 years of intense training and you can choose to qualify into a non-corporate department. Alternatively, after you've qualified you can start looking around for opportunities in the field of your interest. City law firm training contracts are excellent stepping stones.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending