The Student Room Group

Changing from HR to Nursing Possibilities?!

I wanted to know if you guys thought it was possible for me to do Nursing at university.

I'm not sure because I have a BTEC in business which isn't exactly similar to Health and Social care.

Also I've currently got offers for Human Resources (which I don't want to do, I only chose it because my friends and teacher said I'd be good at it) at Surrey and I've currently resitting my GCSE maths.

Anyone want to tell me the chances I'd be able to get into a university with my
qualifications (BTEC DDD in business and GCSE's)

Thanks. I will be e-mailing the universities I've got offers from but I just wanted your opinion. Thanks
What has made you want to change to nursing?

I'm not sure about your subjects/grades. Some universities now say that you must have a science subject at A-Level or equivalent standard.

Also, do you have relevant work experience? You will definitely need lots of relevant work experience to be considered, too.
Reply 2
Get in contact with the admissions department of the institutions that interest you, and see what they say. A few will accept your current qualifications.

Original post by prinsloo-a
I wanted to know if you guys thought it was possible for me to do Nursing at university.

I'm not sure because I have a BTEC in business which isn't exactly similar to Health and Social care.

Also I've currently got offers for Human Resources (which I don't want to do, I only chose it because my friends and teacher said I'd be good at it) at Surrey and I've currently resitting my GCSE maths.

Anyone want to tell me the chances I'd be able to get into a university with my
qualifications (BTEC DDD in business and GCSE's)

Thanks. I will be e-mailing the universities I've got offers from but I just wanted your opinion. Thanks
I think you'll more than likely be drowned in competition if you applied with your current experience. I was a receptionist/PA (since I left school in 2002 with no A levels) and thanks to some lovely people here decided to start an Access to higher Education course in Nursing - I applied massively late to my choices (like, last week) and have interviews for 4/5 so far. The course covers Psychology and Biology so that's my A Level equivalent it it makes sense?
Reply 4
Original post by coffeecrumpets
I think you'll more than likely be drowned in competition if you applied with your current experience. I was a receptionist/PA (since I left school in 2002 with no A levels) and thanks to some lovely people here decided to start an Access to higher Education course in Nursing - I applied massively late to my choices (like, last week) and have interviews for 4/5 so far. The course covers Psychology and Biology so that's my A Level equivalent it it makes sense?

yeah that makes sense, thanks for your help

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending