The Student Room Group

Does anyone here wear a watch?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by King Scorchy
What watch do you have and how much did it cost?

Mine is the classic F-91W which nearly always costs £7. It has a stopwatch and an alarm clock (do your analog watches have that? No? Exactly.).

Sekonda £25 Argos
Reply 61
Ayyy we should make an F-91W fan club (/society).
Reply 62
Original post by spotify95
Wow. There's no way I'd spend thousands, or even more, on a watch - you'd then be scared to wear it just in case it got damaged, and then you've written off or lost a load of money.... I'd probably even be worried about a £100+ watch...

At the beginning you might feel like that, but then you get used to wearing it. I wear it everyday, got some scars on it since I'm generally distracted and even had it stolen (but recovered it). Actually, the sentimental value for my family is the true worry, since I didn't buy it personally for myself spending thousands: it used to belong to my grandfather.
Reply 63
I wear a watch because it's useful. Some people wear a watch for fashion. If you want to wear a watch because they're useful, you don't even need to spend a tenner; just get the Casio F-91W (or any of the variants).
A £200 Seiko for special occasions and some £20 Casio diver for daily use.
My aunt just gave me her Apple Watch because she has bad eyes so couldn't read the screen. I do like it, but I'm also a bit torn because I want to wear other watches as well (because they are pretty)
Reply 66
Original post by 0zzu
I wear a watch because it's useful. Some people wear a watch for fashion. If you want to wear a watch because they're useful, you don't even need to spend a tenner; just get the Casio F-91W (or any of the variants).

My F-91W just arrived from Amazon. Was looking for an understatement and was inspired by an old photo of, at the time, "young" Stephen Schwarzman (the financier who founded blackstone).
Swiss bespoke—nothing complicated (horologically speaking), but inimitably mine:

Original post by LostYouth
I always wear my Jaeger LeCoultre Reverso :smile:

Gyrotourbillon? A worthy aspiration, if not:

[video="youtube;N0pmgBjAfwg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0pmgBjAfwg[/video]
Reply 68
For the past 5 years I've been wearing a Seiko SNAE47P1 A titanium bracelet and body. Sporting a couple of marks now thanks to work, been researching how to clean it properly.

Original post by Profesh
Swiss bespoke—nothing complicated (horologically speaking), but inimitably mine:

[video="youtube;N0pmgBjAfwg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0pmgBjAfwg[/video]

Sadly not, but the Gyrotourbillon is technically impressive. A worthy aspiration indeed!
Reply 70
Original post by Profesh

That Gyrotourbillion is seriously impressive. The design and engineering is stunning. Would rather own an Omega though :colondollar:
I don't know what it's called but it was £10 :erm:
ferrari, pulsar and timex

Quick Reply

Latest