The Student Room Group

Pain inserting a tampon

I’m 17. I have never had sex or masturbated so maybe this is the cause of this idk. I might just have a small vagina but I really want to be able to use tampons! Pads make me feel disgusting. Currently, the only thing I can do is to stick some sterile cotton gauze over the entrance and wear a pad so I can at least feel a little less uncomfortable but I know that this is not good long term and can cause TSS.

But I’m trying to use tampons and they always hurt. I’ve tried different angles, using the smallest tampons i can find. I’ve tried applicator and non applicator. I’ve read and watched every tutorial ever. Sometimes when I try to insert it, if I take my hands off the tampon applicator it falls out, I can feel my vagina expelling it idk. After I get it in, if I bend over I can feel the tampon. Eventually it begins to become painful after a while. I saw someone on here said to stick a finger up and see if you can do that, when I did that it hurt like hell. I almost threw up but that might also be because it felt so disgusting to touch.
I have very heavy periods and really want to be able to use tampons without pain. Short of going on birth control to stop my periods (which I am reluctant to do cos of weight gain) I don’t know what to do!
Reply 1
Does anyone have any advice?
hi im also 17, i used to not be able to use tampons cause of the pain it gave me like i would sit down and feel it however i was a virgin then and i can use them now,im not a virgin i definitely think its possible to use them as a virgin just think it takes a lot of practice as u need to be a bit looser so obviously once u lose ur virginity it would become a lot easier

Quick Reply

Latest