The Student Room Group

Retakes for students sitting "old spec" AS levels in 2017?

I'm currently studying AS level Government and Politics with AQA and ideally I'd like at least a B grade, however I'm not feeling too confident this year with certain events that have taken place throughout the year that I feel have prevented me from being able to learn and thus perform to my full potential in tomorrow's exam.

I'm not entirely sure whether or not I'll be able to retake this exam in June next year with the introduction of the "new spec" A level coming into practice in September..

Does anyone know if they'll offer retakes or will I have to start the subject from fresh next year if I don't get the desired result?

Thanks! :smile:
New spec is linear so you will be assessed on content from year 12 and 13 so essentially you are kinda doing a retake.
Reply 2
Original post by Banter_Bus
I'm currently studying AS level Government and Politics with AQA

Does anyone know if they'll offer retakes or will I have to start the subject from fresh next year if I don't get the desired result?

It will be possible to re-sit Politics exams next year - the provisional timetables are out for next Summer so you can check if you want.
Original post by Compost
It will be possible to re-sit Politics exams next year - the provisional timetables are out for next Summer so you can check if you want.

Yup thats right, its is classified as a resit only so I think u must have done the unit this year or before to be able to resit in 2017 hence resit and and first take.I think its the last time tho for both AS and A2(For Bio) and maybe chem but i dont know.Maths is unaffected.
Reply 4
Original post by Banter_Bus
I'm currently studying AS level Government and Politics with AQA and ideally I'd like at least a B grade, however I'm not feeling too confident this year with certain events that have taken place throughout the year that I feel have prevented me from being able to learn and thus perform to my full potential in tomorrow's exam.

I'm not entirely sure whether or not I'll be able to retake this exam in June next year with the introduction of the "new spec" A level coming into practice in September..

Thanks! :smile:

Hi, I did the old spec this summer and got a C
And i'll be retaking the AS paper to improve my grade so a retake of of AS paper and A2 paper of the old spec is possible in summer 18. It will be the last chance though.

Quick Reply

Latest