The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
mine was terrible, i decided to do the energy tranbsfers one but i ran out of time. I too started talking about the uptake of minerals by active transport. Was pretty grim, i had no idea about most of the stuff what did you say about the damn bees-the evolution one :confused:
Reply 2
oops i dont mean energy transfers, just transfers
Reply 3
I did transfers in eco systems. Wrote about Carbon Cyle, Nitrogen cycle, Energy, Photosynthesis, Respiration and a bit about succession cus i thought it hadnt written enough
Reply 4
that has to be THE most crappest paper ive ever done!...didnt have a clue what to write for the data handling bit..maximum ive got on that is probably 3/25 and as for the essay...titles were toooo vague...didnt even understand what i was supposed to write about..i chose the first one- movement inside cells...spoke about water entering roots (apoplast n symplast) and diffusion n active transport etc...i only wrote about two pages..went really crap:frown:
Reply 5
I did the movement inside cells one, wrote about:
Movement of mrna to ribosomes
Movement of trna
Movement of pyruvate into mitochondria
Movement of electron down electron transfer chain
Movement of dna derived from hiv rna into nucleus
Movement of water from apoplast into symplast
Movement of ATP from choloplast to membrane for active transport
Movement of calicum ions from endoplasmic reticulum to bind with tropomyosin in mucle cell for contraction
Movement of vesicles towards presynaptic membrane at neurone junction
Movement of proteins within cells
Reply 6
I did the transfers through ecosystems. Put stuff about nitrogen cycle, carbon cycle, energy transfers, transfers of allele freqency between ecosystems, and bioaccumaltion.
Reply 7
dimz
do you think my transfer of water is relevant?. Also I talked about dead animals turning into fossil fuels and then when combustion occurs co2 is released back is that even valid:frown:

Combustion of fossil fuels is part of the Carbon cycle so yes, i also mentioned that. Not sure about the trasfer of water, but you could be right
Reply 8
i never even mentioned dna!!...i forgot about all that mitosis crap until after when i realised!

i just hope ive done better on unit 4/5 to make up for this one..cuz i have really flopped it..
Reply 9
yeh mee too i could have done it but i did'nt think i knew enough about endoplasmic reticulum, golgi body, vesicles, endocytosis exocytosis, pinocytosis....hmm i'm thinking i know more than i thought, perhaps i should have done it
Reply 10
what did ppl do about that pH one at then end?? and i didnt understand the chi squared at all..
Reply 11
I did the ecosystems, and did carbon/nitrogen cycles, trophic levels, bioaccumulation and a bit on eutrophication

when I was talking about carbon/nitrogen cycles I also took respiration, photosynthesis and digestion into account.. went ok I think.

It sounds like you really nailed question (a) TM Millie.. I was put off by the movement inside cells, but that looks pretty comprehensive.
Reply 12
guys putting the essay to the side, lets talk about data handling aswell.

What was the whole why were results different when those 2 species were kept in different communities?. I said interspecific competion for resources.
Do you think transfer of alleles of immigrating and emmigrating species between ecosystems is valid so that geographical isolation doesn't occur? That way there is less pheotypic freqeuncy difference in the same ecosystem since speices in different ones may have slightly different abiotic factors?
Reply 14
yeh i said about interspecific competition cos they kept going on about "on their own blah blah"
dimz
guys putting the essay to the side, lets talk about data handling aswell.

What was the whole why were results different when those 2 species were kept in different communities?. I said interspecific competion for resources.

Yeh I talked about interspecific competition. I said they where different, because the first plant had competition from another species with similar optimum pH. They where competing for nutrients and the pH. However the other plant didnt compete as successfull as the first.
this post has totally depressed me!

i did the movement in cells q and now wish i did the ecosystems one...

i put;

- how cells move (active transport, facilitated diffusion, diffusion, osmosis)
- wrote about the plasma member how it controls entry into and out of cells
- in animals... cant actually remember what i put! i think i wrote about gaseous exchange in lungs, SA:Vol ratios, decomposers and the kidney.... *face palm*
- in plants (symplast, apoplast and vaculor pathway and importance of turgour pressure)

im going to go and die somewhere now

~no more exams for me though :smile:
Reply 17
i really want to know what pple put for the chi2 one
i did essay B also...got some of the stuff that the person above got..bout proteins and mrna and acetylcholine in pre synaptic cell etc...

was there a sig diff for the data handling bit???where chi squarer was bigger than p....i said there is a sig diff and null hyp is rejected
was i right?
dimz
same fae for the null thing i said something like no difference between cross and something.

Also for the first qu, did the spot move up or what?. What measurements of those stupid bees need to be taken.

I guessed that the spot would move closer to the tube because of capillary action. The measurements I said would be the distance on how much the spot moved and it would move furthur if there was more oxygen consumed because it increased the heat of the tube as a result of respiration by the bees.

Latest