The Student Room Group

Adult Nursing Derby Mar 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KingLhasaApso
I know exactly what you mean, it was the exams I was worried about! The questions really were quite easy but there were a few in the English, such as which is the correct spelling for the context and it was stuff I knew but started to doubt myself! And the maths when they said change mg to micrograms then to nanograms I had to totally guess that!! I was convinced my test grades were going to blow it for me. I left and was thinking exactly the same, thinking of stuff that I should have said and I just drove myself mad. I smoked about four ciggies on the way home and its only a 20 minute journey!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

So after all the doubting and worrying I've just received a conditional offer based on my Access course results!!! For March 2017 at the Chesterfield campus x
Yes! That's brilliant, well done. So have you decided if you're going to take it or not or you going to try and get a few offers first?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KingLhasaApso
Yes! That's brilliant, well done. So have you decided if you're going to take it or not or you going to try and get a few offers first?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm going to take this one as I have 12 distinctions already so just need another 12 at merit out of 33 available. This was the only one I applied to and then planned to apply to 5 more in the 2017 cycle but I have accepted this offer x
Reply 23
Anyone starting in March, how do we get organised and receive any info?
Original post by ChanteXx
Anyone starting in March, how do we get organised and receive any info?

I'm at Chesterfield campus but we were told we would be sent information after Christmas x
Reply 25
Original post by flamingcopper
I'm at Chesterfield campus but we were told we would be sent information after Christmas x

Oh thank you! It's the same uni so I assume it will be the same for Derby campus x
Reply 26
Hi,

i have an interview at Derby next week :s terrified!

its for the Sep 2017 intake, just wondering what the interview was like? what sort of things did you have to do in the group and what questions came up for the individual interview?

Thanks!
Reply 27
Original post by Anna_321
Hi,

its for the Sep 2017 intake, just wondering what the interview was like? what sort of things did you have to do in the group and what questions came up for the individual interview?

Thanks!

The interview as a whole was quite relaxed,in the group interview we watched a video and then discussed the questions asked by the interviewer and the one on one interview was based on work experience and current issues etc. I don't think we are allowed to be specific with questions etc☺️
Reply 28
Original post by Anna_321
Hi,

Thanks!

did you manage to secure a place at derby uni in sept 2017..i start in this september
Hi, I start in March and cant wait, just wondered if you can please send me a copy of your first year timetable to give me an idea of what i can expect. TIA x
Original post by tdavis1989
Hi, I start in March and cant wait, just wondered if you can please send me a copy of your first year timetable to give me an idea of what i can expect. TIA x

Hello! I also start nursing in March! I can't wait to finally get started :smile: I hope it's not too long before we get a start date and timetables.
Original post by Stephx94
Hello! I also start nursing in March! I can't wait to finally get started :smile: I hope it's not too long before we get a start date and timetables.

Yayyy finally someone else. Are you going to the chesterfield campus? Where are u from? They said they would give us more info after Xmas so I expect it will be soon. I can' wait to get started.

Tammy x
Original post by tdavis1989
Yayyy finally someone else. Are you going to the chesterfield campus? Where are u from? They said they would give us more info after Xmas so I expect it will be soon. I can' wait to get started.

Tammy x

Hey Tammy :smile:
Hope you had a good xmas :smile: I'm from Nottingham so the Derby campus is where il be going, a little bit of a commute each day but it will be worth it!
Have you received anymore info yet?

Steph x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending