The Student Room Group

Interview at Derby for nursing

I've been invited to an interview by the University of Derby for adult nursing and I was wondering whether anyone could give me advice? I was wondering what the structure of the interview day was like and what sort of questions were asked?
Thank you in advance
Original post by MiaT01
I've been invited to an interview by the University of Derby for adult nursing and I was wondering whether anyone could give me advice? I was wondering what the structure of the interview day was like and what sort of questions were asked?
Thank you in advance

Omg hey I’ve been invited to one too for derby next week. I’m so scared!!!!
Hi have u been invited via the traditional degree route or the apprentice route via NHS job interview
Original post by MiaT01
Thank you in advance

Hi @MiaT01,

Some interview information can be found here.

You'll meet our supportive staff and some of our current students, and hear about the range of placement opportunities we can offer. Following the session as a group, you'll have your interview as an individual. You'll be with us for half a day, and the team will be looking for you to show a passion for and understanding of the nursing profession.

Best of luck with your interview.
Ryan
Reply 4
Original post by _stargirlx
Omg hey I’ve been invited to one too for derby next week. I’m so scared!!!!

Hi, well done! I hope it goes well for you! Me too, I'm nervous but mines next month!
Reply 5
Original post by NawazA7890
Hi have u been invited via the traditional degree route or the apprentice route via NHS job interview

Hi, I've been invited by the traditional degree route
Original post by MiaT01
Hi, well done! I hope it goes well for you! Me too, I'm nervous but mines next month!

Omg! I’ve had it was good like you could tell I was nervous but they are so nice and it’s so chill like not formal at all. Everyone’s so nice. They just do like a mini presentation and then you talk to the current student and ask them questions and then they take you do the 1:1 interviews. Honestly I love the uni ! Plus I got an offer today!!!! Whooop whooop don’t be scared you’ll be fine! GOODLUCK
Reply 7
Omg! I’ve had it was good like you could tell I was nervous but they are so nice and it’s so chill like not formal at all. Everyone’s so nice. They just do like a mini presentation and then you talk to the current student and ask them questions and then they take you do the 1:1 interviews. Honestly I love the uni ! Plus I got an offer today!!!! Whooop whooop don’t be scared you’ll be fine! GOODLUCK

Well Done!! I'm glad it went well! And thank you, that doesn't sound bad, so hopefully it will be alright. Were all the questions they asked you like the common questions that come up?
Original post by MiaT01
Well Done!! I'm glad it went well! And thank you, that doesn't sound bad, so hopefully it will be alright. Were all the questions they asked you like the common questions that come up?

Thank you, TRUST ME they are super chill and super nice you’ll be fine. It’s was like 10ish mins they asked about 4 ish questions and yeh commons ones like why nursing? Tell me abit about yourself? How you’ve dementrated care? Know the 6 C’s!!! Legit those questions so Dw and don’t stress they are so nice!!!
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 9
Thank you, TRUST ME they are super chill and super nice you’ll be fine. It’s was like 10ish mins they asked about 4 ish questions and yeh commons ones like why nursing? Tell me abit about yourself? How you’ve dementrated care? Example When you’ve had difficulties communicating with someone? And how issues of today’s nursing will effect you as a student nurse in the future? Legit those questions so Dw and don’t stress they are so nice!!!

Thank you! The questions sounds alright and the people sound nice! I'm sure it will be fine, thank you again for the help, I keep over thinking what the questions might be.
Original post by MiaT01
Thank you! The questions sounds alright and the people sound nice! I'm sure it will be fine, thank you again for the help, I keep over thinking what the questions might be.

Trust me Ik how you feel and I was over thinking stuff too but honestly just be calm and prepared and everything hopefully will be great. GOOD LUCK!! Where else have you applied ?
Reply 11
Trust me Ik how you feel and I was over thinking stuff too but honestly just be calm and prepared and everything hopefully will be great. GOOD LUCK!! Where else have you applied ?

Thank you, hopefully it's be good. And I've applied to Lincoln, Sheffield, Nottingham and Leeds as well, what about you?
Original post by MiaT01
Thank you, hopefully it's be good. And I've applied to Lincoln, Sheffield, Nottingham and Leeds as well, what about you?

Nice, I’ve applied for Birmingham and DMU for nursing and then Sheffield and Liverpool for Orthoptics. I’ve applied to two difference courses
Original post by MiaT01

Mine is next month too. Don’t be nervous though, you’ll be great!
Reply 14
Thank you, TRUST ME they are super chill and super nice you’ll be fine. It’s was like 10ish mins they asked about 4 ish questions and yeh commons ones like why nursing? Tell me abit about yourself? How you’ve dementrated care? Know the 6 C’s!!! Legit those questions so Dw and don’t stress they are so nice!!!

thank you for this. I have just been scheduled for an interview . A bit nervous

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending