The Student Room Group

How bad is going over the word limit

I am doing OCR dutch A-level and I always go over the word limit on the end essay question. How bad is this? Will I lose marks because of it?
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Puddles the Monkey so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

I'm my English coursework I went way over the word limit and couldn't shorten it. My teacher said its fine they will still mark it but the examiner might stop reading after a while. I guess the same would apply to you? For its massively over the limit they might stop reading after a while.
This might not be an option for you if it's all done electronically but I lied with my word count.

The limit was 3000 & I said I'd done 3050 or something similar. I'd actually done 3200/3300ish.
The examiner isn't going to count up your words by hand. Just don't make it too obviously over the limit.
5% they might allow, but you should read the rules. They might just simply ignore anything beyond that. If its handwritten then harder to gauge.
Reply 5
Thank You!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending