The Student Room Group

Retaking in maths in November 2016 even if I don't fail

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GuyOnInternet
I did my maths GCSE in June 2015. Am I able to retake maths? I never really thought about retaking maths but I know I can do better than a C in Maths.

Anyone can retake maths at any time. You need to find a centre willing to take you and pay the fee. If you don't do it in November 2016 or summer 2017 you will need to learn the new stuff included in the new maths GCSE.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gdunne42
Anyone can retake maths at any time. You need to find a centre willing to take you and pay the fee. If you don't do it in November 2016 or summer 2017 you will need to learn the new stuff included in the new maths GCSE.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you have like a rough idea of how much it would cost to only sit the exam?
Original post by GuyOnInternet
Do you have like a rough idea of how much it would cost to only sit the exam?

The entry fee with the exam board is around £30 but you have to enter through a centre who will add on for the costs of their admin, invigilation etc. Anything under £50 would be a bargain, some places charge £150.
Original post by Compost
The entry fee with the exam board is around £30 but you have to enter through a centre who will add on for the costs of their admin, invigilation etc. Anything under £50 would be a bargain, some places charge £150.

Oh right, I'd probably need to speak to my school.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending