The Student Room Group

Getting higher UCAS points but lower grades than offer

I am doing 4 A-Levels, including Turkish and I got an E in the AS I dropped last year. My offer for my firm choice is '320 UCAS points in 4 GCE A Levels including BBB in 3' I think I will get an ABCC (A in Turkish), which will mean I will get around 400 UCAS points. What is the likelihood that I get into my firm choice? Or is there no way??
Original post by hdgxx
I am doing 4 A-Levels, including Turkish and I got an E in the AS I dropped last year. My offer for my firm choice is '320 UCAS points in 4 GCE A Levels including BBB in 3' I think I will get an ABCC (A in Turkish), which will mean I will get around 400 UCAS points. What is the likelihood that I get into my firm choice? Or is there no way??

I'll move this to the UCAS and applications forum so you can get an answer to this. :smile:
Original post by hdgxx

You might, you might not and no one can be sure. ABC does not fulfil an offer of BBB so it is up to the university to decide whether to take you or not. They could be totally full with applicants who did meet their requirements thus leaving you with a rejection, or they might have spaces and be prepared to take those with near misses.

If you are a native Turkish speaker, it might count against you as the uni might decide that the A was very easy to achieve. Some unis don't count such qualifications at all.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending