The Student Room Group

Newcastle Medical School 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Moshinato
Ah, that really sucks. Where else have you applied?

were all the later dates basically full? please reply!!!! or just earlier dates?
Has anyone heard back from the graduate medicine course?
Original post by nirali patel
Has anyone heard back from the graduate medicine course?

Offers have been going out for the past 3 weeks. Not sure if they are done yet but here is a page for A101:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4242002
Original post by mamly042
Offers have been going out for the past 3 weeks. Not sure if they are done yet but here is a page for A101:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4242002

Thanks! :smile:
Original post by Lostperson
That means that not many more to give out I guess ? I really thought the cut off would be around 685 or so!

Don't they give out interviews until March? If they do, then I'd expect there to be a next batch
Do you mind telling me how many slots were not full?

They didn't say how many places were left or anything like that. It was just a matter of the session being full or not
Don't they give out interviews until March? If they do, then I'd expect there to be a next batch

i was told mid feb... so the last one is probs 13th feb? were they all literally full?
They didn't say how many places were left or anything like that. It was just a matter of the session being full or not

sessions full from the dates you were given to choose from or from all the previous dates too?
i was told mid feb... so the last one is probs 13th feb? were they all literally full?

Nah. The later ones weren't that full, only January 11 and 18 were full. I barely booked the morning of the 11th
sessions full from the dates you were given to choose from or from all the previous dates too?

Just the ones that I was able to choose from
Nah. The later ones weren't that full, only January 11 and 18 were full. I barely booked the morning of the 11th

ah okay, I thought that the later ones were full too! thank you, so sorry for being annoying!!!
Original post by remarez
Does anyone know how long a typical newcastle medical interview is???

It's the first time they have used MMI, but most Med Schools use 6 or 8 stations of 6-8 minutes each, with perhaps 1-2 minutes to move between each. So maybe between an hour or one hour and a half. But don't worry - time flies when you're having fun :wink:
Reply 792
Original post by meddad
It's the first time they have used MMI, but most Med Schools use 6 or 8 stations of 6-8 minutes each, with perhaps 1-2 minutes to move between each. So maybe between an hour or one hour and a half. But don't worry - time flies when you're having fun :wink:

oh ffs thought it was still panel. MMI seems stressful...
Reply 793
Original post by Gap yaaah
In first email they said bring form of identification, fill in the deceleration form and bring just A2 certificate if you had it, this was on 11th November.

New email today says bring identification and photocopy, bring all qualifications and photocopies, along with deceleration form.

Im going to take all certificates. Deceleration from. Driving licence, passport and letter to confirm address, in case they need this for a DBS like Exeter did.

Deceleration form huh? A form all about the rate of change of velocity kind of deceleration?:wink:

Just messing, well done on your interview invite! :biggrin:
Hey guys, I got an interview a while back and responded to book my interview slot; received the confirmation email as normal etc...but just got an email that says it's a reminder to reply to my interview invite? It says as follows;

Dear Applicant, You should have recently received an invitation to attend the forthcoming MBBS interviews, we would ask that you reply at your earliest convenience. If you have not received the email / or have trouble accessing it please do not hesitate to get back in contact. Kind regards MBBS Support

Anyone else had this?
Original post by greenfeather
Hey guys, I got an interview a while back and responded to book my interview slot; received the confirmation email as normal etc...but just got an email that says it's a reminder to reply to my interview invite? It says as follows;

Dear Applicant, You should have recently received an invitation to attend the forthcoming MBBS interviews, we would ask that you reply at your earliest convenience. If you have not received the email / or have trouble accessing it please do not hesitate to get back in contact. Kind regards MBBS Support

Anyone else had this?

i didn't receive that but got this instead.
"Dear Applicant, I would like to confirm your interview taking place Thursday 15th December 2016 PM. Applicant registration will open from 11:30 in the Bamburgh room, Kings Road Centre (no 4, map 2, on the attached campus map), please bring with you your original photographic identification + photocopy (any applicant arriving without photographic identification will not be interviewed), completed declaration and any original qualification certificates + photocopies. We are able to offer a tour of the medical school, leaving from the medical school reception (no 60, map 2) at 11:00, please make your way to the school in good time, if you'd like to take part. Kind regards"
Original post by medicapplicant
i didn't receive that but got this instead.
"Dear Applicant, I would like to confirm your interview taking place Thursday 15th December 2016 PM. Applicant registration will open from 11:30 in the Bamburgh room, Kings Road Centre (no 4, map 2, on the attached campus map), please bring with you your original photographic identification + photocopy (any applicant arriving without photographic identification will not be interviewed), completed declaration and any original qualification certificates + photocopies. We are able to offer a tour of the medical school, leaving from the medical school reception (no 60, map 2) at 11:00, please make your way to the school in good time, if you'd like to take part. Kind regards"

I received that too when I booked; just called up and it's apparently a mistake they sent it to me. Was worried for a minute
Hi Guys, Does anyone know whether the interview is traditional or MMI for the A100 course (5 years). Thanks!! :smile:
Original post by BigGShane
Hi Guys, Does anyone know whether the interview is traditional or MMI for the A100 course (5 years). Thanks!! :smile:

It's MMI! x
are there any current newcastle medics on this thread?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending