The Student Room Group

Medicine without chemistry

My alevels are biology, maths, psychology and business. Would it be less competitive when I apply to medical schools which require biology/chemistry plus another science subject (e.g. psychology)? I am planning to apply for med schools such as manchester and leicester. Thanks a lot.
Reply 1
Original post by wcyupee
My alevels are biology, maths, psychology and business. Would it be less competitive when I apply to medical schools which require biology/chemistry plus another science subject (e.g. psychology)? I am planning to apply for med schools such as manchester and leicester. Thanks a lot.

Newcastle doesn't require chemistry. You'd need a good UCAT score though.
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by wcyupee

If you apply to a medical school that has Chemistry listed as an entry requirement, you will almost certainly get rejected immediately. However, there are some that don't require Chemistry, so check their websites out to see if you meet their entry requirements.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending