The Student Room Group

Newcastle Medical School 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by !play
Well it's basically, AAABBBBBBDD :angry:

(I retook English Language at college.)

I guess I've got people like you fighting against me. Cool. No. Wait.... Welp. *Cries*

My predicted A2 results are A*A*A though so :u: ....and I was also diagnosed with a really bad disease at the start of year 10 which is now reasonably controlled... I don't know whether to put this down as extenuating circumstances. What do you think?

I think if it affects you in your learning, mentally or physically then let them know

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone received a partners email about attending a assessed summer school event

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lordcavendish
Anyone received a partners email about attending a assessed summer school event

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, if I don't get an offer it'll be annoying if they keep sending me stuff about it haha
Has anyone got an email saying they invite you to an offer holder Facebook group? I haven't heard anything through track
Original post by mancmed
Has anyone got an email saying they invite you to an offer holder Facebook group? I haven't heard anything through track

i thought all decisions are made in march????
Original post by mancmed

Nope didn't get anything like that? So are u saying u got an email saying u will be added to a Facebook group from Newcastle?
Original post by mancmed

Hiya!

I got an email inviting me to the Official Offer Holder facebook page earlier today, but I also applied to study Biomedical Sciences at Newcastle (which I received an offer for) as well as Medicine, so I figured that I got that email because of my existing Biomed offer. Did you apply for the Biomed course at Newcastle as well? I haven't heard anything through Track, but they only finished their last round of interviews a week ago, so I'm not sure they will have gotten round to finalising offers/rejections just yet
Just called Admissions to check on this.
The MBBS team didn't know anything about the FB group, so it isn't from them.

The nice man also said that they've finished their last interviews today, so they'll be sorting offers and rejections presently.
Original post by a.romanova
Hiya!

I got an email inviting me to the Official Offer Holder facebook page earlier today, but I also applied to study Biomedical Sciences at Newcastle (which I received an offer for) as well as Medicine, so I figured that I got that email because of my existing Biomed offer. Did you apply for the Biomed course at Newcastle as well? I haven't heard anything through Track, but they only finished their last round of interviews a week ago, so I'm not sure they will have gotten round to finalising offers/rejections just yet

Ahh. Right yeah I did apply for biomedical there too. That's depressing
Original post by mancmed
Ahh. Right yeah I did apply for biomedical there too. That's depressing

Does anyone know if they look at ukcat scores after the Interview or is it all based on Interview performance
Original post by top2019
Does anyone know if they look at ukcat
scores after the Interview or is it all based on Interview performance

Offers are based purely off of interview performance :smile:
So do you think we will start hearing from next week?
Original post by AnkKGup
So do you think we will start hearing from next week?

They said March, so anything earlier is a bonus.
But it's also been March in past years.
Original post by mancmed

i did about an hour ago, but i think its for the biomed offer i already have...
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Alicewhitbread09
i did about an hour ago, but i think its for the biomed offer i already have...

Yeah me too... Got my hopes up as well haha
So have people got offers for Medicine then?
Original post by RealLifeEducator
So have people got offers for Medicine then?

Nope i don't think so

Posted from TSR Mobile
The wait for Newcastle is agonising considering I had my interview back in early december..
Original post by kieranfb
The wait for Newcastle is agonising considering I had my interview back in early december..

Same! It's painful, but we've waited nearly three months now so hopefully the next couple of weeks will go by quickly enough haha
Original post by a.romanova
Same! It's painful, but we've waited nearly three months now so hopefully the next couple of weeks will go by quickly enough haha

Guys Is Newcastle ur first choice or have u not decided yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending