The Student Room Group

Newcastle Medical School 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MrErnest0
Hey,

Wow that was a swift and thorough response haha, thanks. I'm at the University of Hertfordshire final year biomed, you?

Haha just good timing I suppose. Third year biomed at Newcastle
Original post by greenfeather
Haha just good timing I suppose. Third year biomed at Newcastle

Ahh, have you applied to medicine too? If so, how's it going so far?
Reply 1382
Anyone know if (and when) there's an offer holders open day or maybe just a specific one for medicine?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by greenfeather
I don't personally know of anyone who has done that but I do know of someone who applied deferred entry, then was allowed to change to referred once they had an offer. I would call up as soon as possible and have a chat - theyre a lovely lot up here at Newcastle! They'll be happy to give any help and advice you need :smile: better to ask sooner rather than later - more of a chance they can change things. Remember, even if they let you, it still depends on you getting your grades THIS summer; they wont let you retake just because you're meant to start next year :smile:

Thank you for the reply- really helpful- i'm going to call them up asap. I feel like i'm gonna need a good reason to ask for deferral but fingers crossed they'll let me!
Im a gap year applicant with the required grades but got a conditional offer, they say they want proof but I dont know what my next step should be, any advice?
Original post by MrErnest0
Ahh, have you applied to medicine too? If so, how's it going so far?

Yes I have; I applied to warwick graduate entry, and then undergrad to ncl, soton and manchester. I got interviews to all 4, and have now got offers to warwick and ncl. Im still waiting to heard back from manchester and ended up declining the invite to interview to soton as I already had an offer by then :smile: just trying to make sure I get that 2:1 now! What about you?
Original post by Joey12345678910
Im a gap year applicant with the required grades but got a conditional offer, they say they want proof but I dont know what my next step should be, any advice?

I assume they would mean they want to see your qualification certificates/ you results sheet from results day. I would call and ask whether they want it via email or post though; theyll be happy to help :smile:
Original post by Joey12345678910

At the interviews they asked to see the A level certificates and a copy(which they'd keep). I didn't have a copy so they said to me that if I get an offer I'd need to send my certificates to them and they'd take a copy so I'm guessing that's why...or it might be due to the DBS and medical form
Original post by Hutch28
At the interviews they asked to see the A level certificates and a copy(which they'd keep). I didn't have a copy so they said to me that if I get an offer I'd need to send my certificates to them and they'd take a copy so I'm guessing that's why...or it might be due to the DBS and medical form

Cheers
So...do we think they are still handing out offers?
Reply 1390
Original post by Hutch28
So...do we think they are still handing out offers?

I know someone who got one today
Offer! 14:00. I don't think it has hit me yet, I'm still in a state of shock. I really hope it works out for everyone else!!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1392
do you think that there will be any students who fail the practical element in Chemistry? I would just like an estimate of the failure rate..
Original post by yoyana
do you think that there will be any students who fail the practical element in Chemistry? I would just like an estimate of the failure rate..

Our school was on the verge. We're doing extra things to make sure of a pass tho (which means I'm probs gonna have to teach myself inorganic) so I would imagine most schools would do that.
Got an offer earlier today! Good luck to everyone waiting.
Anyone know whether we have to apply for accommodation now?
Offer:smile:
Interview was on the 17th Jan
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by HopelessMedic
Offer:smile:
Interview was on the 17th

Congrats
January or february?

Original post by Fusarium

Congrats
When did you have your interview if you don't mind me asking?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SaphBruh
Congrats
January or february?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh yeh my bad, it was January. Around 12ish
Reply 1398
Original post by Fusarium

Yay well done!
Nope, it isn't open yet.
Is there a facebook group/chat for newcastle offer holders?
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending