The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Accommodation hesitation

Hello there! I'm a prospective CS student who wants to live in halls for the first year and I'm planning to fill the form with five possible choices: Wessex Lane (Ensuite and Non-ensuite), Glen Eyre, Archers Road(Ensuite) and Bencraft. I've seen many threads discussing which is better for whom, but my main struggle is not being sure in what order I want them.

- I'm not particularly wealthy, so I thought about arranging them by price first
- I fancy Wessex Lane and Glen Eyre the most. One is closer to university, while the other seems to be the most populated and lively
-My friends (2 boys, same course) seem to be a little squeamish and Non-ensuite doesn't really excite them, but we want to be together so I guess I'd prefer Ensuite too (I also usually shower accompanied by loud music and it takes me almost an hour which may bother some people)
-Combining all options leads me to Wessex Lane Ensuite BUT it's the most expensive of the five and I also read somewhere that more than 15 minutes in the shower means flooding your room.

Every arrangement I think of collides with at least one of my requirements.

For people too lazy to read or those with better ways to waste time: I am wondering exactly how important the order of choices is. Should I actually give it that much thought?

P.S. That title sounds like an episode of The Big Bang Theory :biggrin:
Reply 1
EE at So'ton this year :five:

I picked Wessex Lane twice and Glen Eyre twice, with preferences for the ensuite ~ I definitely have a preference for being able to use my own loo even though it's a little more.

I've heard that it's very likely that you'll get your first or second choice, so it's definitely important to put your favourite down as no.1.
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 2
Thank you for your reply, I will be careful when choosing. Do you know the deadline for applications?
Reply 3
Damn Bencraft was my 3rd choice. I wonder if I should reconsider. Do you reckon spending an extra £20 a week is worth avoiding it? I'm not rich btw
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 4
Is it possible to share photos? The site doesn't show all rooms :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending