The Student Room Group

Opening a bank account at 16?

Hello, I'm looking to get a different bank account. I'm currently with natwest but I don't like their service. Which bank do you recommended? What do I need to bring? Will I need my parents present?

Thanks!
I was with Barclays, they're OK for a very barebones standard no frills account but there are better.

Nationwide are good and offer interest and free ****
Lloyds offer decent interest on theirs

Basically anyone but Barclays they're ass
You need to check with each bank what they require you to bring. I've changed banks twice. First time, they wanted proof of address. Second time, I gave them my name and address and they checked my details on the electoral roll.

But usually, it's birth certificate / passport and proof of address.
Original post by ChanceTheRapper
Hello, I'm looking to get a different bank account. I'm currently with natwest but I don't like their service. Which bank do you recommended? What do I need to bring? Will I need my parents present?

Thanks!

What do you want from your bank? Is it for saving or for earnings and then cash withdrawals? If the former, you should only choose an account based on interest rates. You can tolerate crap service if you are getting a good return. If the later, then service and ease of access is perhaps more important. I was gobsmacked when I used the automated machine to deposit some money into my wife's HSBC bank account that I had to use a pen and paper to write a deposit slip. So last millennium!
Original post by ByEeek
I was gobsmacked when I used the automated machine to deposit some money into my wife's HSBC bank account that I had to use a pen and paper to write a deposit slip. So last millennium!

:lolwut: I can't remember the last time I did that. I just have to insert my card, enter my PIN and press enter.
idk but im with santander and they're alright...
I got an amazing interest rate on nationwide think it was 3.5%
Opening a bank at 16? How much money do you need to store lmao.

Thanks!

Oh my God I'm with Natwest too. They are so ****

Thanks!

i transferred my accounts to Santander at 18 when my nationwide saver paid out and NatWest service was getting worse
i needed my passport (photo id) and i used a NatWest statement(proof of address)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending