The Student Room Group

The NBA 2019-20 Thread - Free agency is mad - Westbrook to Houston, CP3 to OKC!?

So hello, this is the thread for the upcoming 2019/20 NBA season. The current champions are the Toronto Raptors. The current MVP is Giannis Antetokounmpo, and the current unanimous Finals MVP is Kawhi Leonard.

Feel free to post here, whichever team you support/follow and discuss all aspects of the NBA alongside your fellow basketball loving members. Literally anything, we have stats, serious discussion and memes aplenty here (:colonhash:).

Below is a list of the teams various members support. Feel free to post whichever team is yours and I'll add you to this list:

Boston Celtics - TheLittlestElf
Chicago Bulls - Sameer599, Avcs132
Los Angeles Lakers - eden3, epic within, Lord Samosa, wolfmoon88
Los Angeles Clippers - ireviseveryhard
Golden State Warriors - MrDystopia, Gingerbread101, blackened_sky, theonecenter, Kendrik Lamar, CTID17
Miami Heat - Malevolent, TajwarC
Milwaukee Bucks - JMEisjames, atom y humber
New York Knicks - zionpower, Aristotle's' Disciple, CleverSquirrel
Oklahoma City Thunder - brent_, bammy jastard 27, Mugiiwara, dnan, Bryci, MamzZass

Finally, if you're new to the sport/league and want to know more, feel free to ask anyone in thread (There's plenty of basketball knowledge here) or read any of the following resources to get some information:

-TBA-

Enjoy!
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
In

and I support the second biggest choke artist of 2016,
the Oklahoma City Thunder.
I've just got out of bed so I'm lazy but post your teams/any resources you think would be cool and I'll edit them into the OP :yy:
In.

Ex MVP of one of the previous threads coming back to claim my throne again.

Heat
Woo a special shout out just for me :biggrin: Thanks @MrDystopia I hope I can do what other greats have done and build a legacy. :colonhash:
Team Rose :biggrin: I'll put down a team once I figure out where he's going, I guess it's looking like Knicks/Bulls for now.

Going to watch First Take now. But man this series was great, last night was one of the best experiences ever. Great ending to the season, the off season is going to be super interesting

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyvC_4A7aFIwya8ov6qJkdA
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp3dgMf1OUP2XqOpyOY2bzQ
https://www.youtube.com/user/nicksmith71218
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSpvjDk06HLxBaw8sZw7SkA

https://www.instagram.com/basketballforever/
Original post by Malevolent
In.

Ex MVP of one of the previous threads coming back to claim my throne again.

Heat

What were you saying about Loves celebration lol, I missed that part. What did he do? :p:
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
What were you saying about Loves celebration lol, I missed that part. What did he do? :p:

Was acting like Stone Cold and drinking beer like he did :rofl:
http://nba.nbcsports.com/2016/06/20/warriors-open-as-favorites-to-win-2017-nba-championship/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

So early odds have been released for next seasons winner. Unsurprisingly Warriors are the favourites (Really it makes most sense), with Cleveland second. Interesting to note this time last year just after the Dubs had won, Cleveland opened as the first favourites.
things will be fixed from September. Trade are ongoing. Can't say anything from now.

Still Knicks.
Heartbroken Dubs fan checking in

Original post by brent_

and I support the second biggest choke artist of 2016,
the Oklahoma City Thunder.

Nah I think we stole that title from you. Your choke came around to bite us on the ass.
Original post by blackened_sky
Heartbroken Dubs fan checking in

Nah I think we stole that title from you. Your choke came around to bite us on the ass.

It's okay. Go to the New England Patriots forum and ask them how to get over it. You never will. This will haunt you for the rest of your life man.
NTJ's thoughts; "Kyrie outplayed Curry at his supreme best, yet Chris Paul could not outplay Curry before he was a superstar. Kyrie's 2016 Playoff run is more impressive than any of Chris Paul's, and he just needs some longevity to surpass him all-time."

NTJ's thoughts; "Kyrie outplayed Curry at his supreme best,

That was Steph at his supreme best now?
Original post by MrDystopia
That was Steph at his supreme best now?

No he sucked in a vacuum situation but he's still a prime superstar. Like LeBrons choke against Dallas, it was horrific but he was at his supreme best at that point in his career regardless.

Curry may perform better in an inidivudal finals series in the future, but as a whole he'll never be at the same level he has been this season I think. If he is bravo.

EDIT: I should correct that to I don't think he'll ever have a better season than this one. I'm not suggesting he's going to decline
(edited 7 years ago)
No he sucked in a vacuum situation but he's still a prime superstar. Like LeBrons choke against Dallas, it was horrific but he was at his supreme best at that point in his career regardless.

Curry may perform better in an inidivudal finals series in the future, but as a whole he'll never be at the same level he has been this season I think. If he is bravo.

So the quote you posted doesn't hold true, Kyrie didn't outplay Steph at all at his best.

I think Steph can return to his regular season form of the past two seasons. Just something needs working on regarding the Finals. Last years playoffs he was fine, Finals not so much, this years playoffs was a mix of great, average, poor and injuries.
Original post by MrDystopia
So the quote you posted doesn't hold true, Kyrie didn't outplay Steph at all at his best.

I think Steph can return to his regular season form of the past two seasons. Just something needs working on regarding the Finals. Last years playoffs he was fine, Finals not so much, this years playoffs was a mix of great, average, poor and injuries.

Well objectively all you can do is analyse the situation based on a vacuum performance as the nba finals are legacy building performances in themselves. We know he could have done better, and obviously should have. But it is what it is. Maybe when he eventually slows down in the regular season he'll deteriorate further post season. It's difficult to say. All we can say is he's had a career high season that is highly unlikely to be topped and he was largely shut down by Kyrie.

Some players aren't made for the big stage and I hope that's not Steph but we'll have to wait until next year. I've got GS v Cavs yet again. :p: Man I can't wait!!!

Also boo Klay for not being courteous after the game. :frown: I like Draymond more now.
Reply 16
Reply 17

Also boo Klay for not being courteous after the game. :frown: I like Draymond more now.

What did Klay do/not do?
Reply 18
Original post by Malevolent
It's okay. Go to the New England Patriots forum and ask them how to get over it. You never will. This will haunt you for the rest of your life man.

Way to kick a man when's he's down... :rofl:
Original post by eden3
What did Klay do/not do?

Steph and Green (ironic) are the only ones who stuck around to congratulate Cavs apparently.

Quick Reply

Latest