The Student Room Group

The NBA 2019-20 Thread - Free agency is mad - Westbrook to Houston, CP3 to OKC!?

Scroll to see replies

Beverley-George-Leonard is as nasty a perimetre defence I’ve seen since Grant, Jordan and Pippen.

Clippers big favourites for me but what a Western Conference. Stories and talent wherever you look
Original post by MrDystopia
Warriors - Steph and Klay
Lakers - AD and Lebron
Clippers - Kawhi and George
Rockets - CP3 and Harden
Nets - KD and Kyrie

Some major pairings there. Good for a bit of League parity. West is going to be a crazy season.

So that list is incorrect now. Rockets is going to be Westbrook and Harden!

[Wojnarowski] The Oklahoma City Thunder have agreed to trade Russell Westbrook to the Houston Rockets for Chris Paul, first-round picks in 2024 and 2026, pick swaps in 2021 and 2025, league sources tell ESPN.

WB distributing to Harden is going to be seriously scary.
Original post by Toolson
Clippers big favourites for me but what a Western Conference. Stories and talent wherever you look

The best has NEVER been this wild
8B543C64-CC98-49A0-9B14-77BB3FE5A381.jpg.jpeg
Original post by BenK64
8B543C64-CC98-49A0-9B14-77BB3FE5A381.jpg.jpeg

It’s weird how WB fits the Moreyball style of play and yet he doesn’t. Given his poor shooting, it makes sense that he dishes out to the better shooters (which he can do and has proven he can consistently). And yet, we also know a major part of his game is driving to the rim...just like Harden.

Will be a fun watch nonetheless.
Original post by MrDystopia
It’s weird how WB fits the Moreyball style of play and yet he doesn’t. Given his poor shooting, it makes sense that he dishes out to the better shooters (which he can do and has proven he can consistently). And yet, we also know a major part of his game is driving to the rim...just like Harden.

Will be a fun watch nonetheless.

Can’t really see it working. Harden’s going to be unwilling to let go of his dribble dribble dish style and where does that leave Westbrook? A catch and shoot guy when he shot under 30% from three last year?

And who would you rather drive to the rim, the flopper extraordinaire who gets more FTs than anyone else and who shot 88% from the line last year, or Russ who shot in the 60s?

If I’m D’Antoni I’m having one of them on the court at all times, but rarely both at the same time.
Kawhi has seriously brought some new balance to the NBA//

Quick Reply

Latest