The Student Room Group

The NBA 2019-20 Thread - Free agency is mad - Westbrook to Houston, CP3 to OKC!?

Scroll to see replies

Korver might just be starting to hit his stride! 89% 3PFG tonight
Damn Draymond was so close to quadruple double. 2 buckets and he would have had it!
Celtics just got robbed against the bulls
All star weekend was hit and miss. The Skills was decent, Dunk contest was awful, as was the 3 point contest. All Star Game was great though, AD with 52 for the new record.

Also, the big news is of course, DeMarcus Coursins + Omri Casspi are traded to the New Orleans Pelicans. Kings will receive Buddy Hield, Tyreke Evans, Langston Galloway, a 2017 1st Round Pick, and a 2017 2nd Round Pick.

So the Pelicans suddenly have a front court of DeMarcus Cousins and Anthony Davis. Absolutely monstrous front. Sets up an interesting possibility that if the Pelicans finish in 8th seed, which they're 2.5 games back on, the Warriors will face Boogie and AD. What a thought eh :tongue:
Original post by MrDystopia
All star weekend was hit and miss. The Skills was decent, Dunk contest was awful, as was the 3 point contest. All Star Game was great though, AD with 52 for the new record.

Also, the big news is of course, DeMarcus Coursins + Omri Casspi are traded to the New Orleans Pelicans. Kings will receive Buddy Hield, Tyreke Evans, Langston Galloway, a 2017 1st Round Pick, and a 2017 2nd Round Pick.

So the Pelicans suddenly have a front court of DeMarcus Cousins and Anthony Davis. Absolutely monstrous front. Sets up an interesting possibility that if the Pelicans finish in 8th seed, which they're 2.5 games back on, the Warriors will face Boogie and AD. What a thought eh :tongue:

I reckon they'll move past 8th tbh, that front court is ferocious man. If they get CP3 or Wall in the off season...
Bulls have truly ****ed it with their trade? Really baffled at what they were thinking tbh
y'all watch the Celtics vs Suns game?!

Watching Kelly Olynik and Tyler Zeller as the primary bigs off the bench for the Celtics I realise how weak their frontcourt is and why they aren't built to win in the playoffs. I'm calling a 2nd Round exit for the Celtics. :yep:
So the MVP race is heating up! I think Kawhi may be getting some consideration now. If they steal the one seed from Golden State I reckon he gets it. Tho Harden should be getting it.
Original post by MamzZass
So the MVP race is heating up! I think Kawhi may be getting some consideration now. If they steal the one seed from Golden State I reckon he gets it. Tho Harden should be getting it.

ill rage quit if Harden doesnt get it
Original post by CleverSquirrel
ill rage quit if Harden doesnt get it

Though I'm a strong believer that realistically lebron should be getting it every year.
Though I'm a strong believer that realistically lebron should be getting it every year.

true- he is a 4 time winner, but with the 3rd best record in the league, Harden's got a vert high chance in becoming the first Sun Devil to win MVP
PSG blew a 4-0 lead lol. This really has been like a year choking from major sports.
Reply 1192
PSG blew a 4-0 lead lol. This really has been like a year choking from major sports.

Don't know what's worse, that, OKC's or Golden States blow?
Original post by bammy jastard 27
Don't know what's worse, that, OKC's or Golden States blow?

either Barca or Golden State. Id lean on Barca.

With Barca, In football anyway scoring 6 goals is extremely difficult. And to do so starting with a 4-0 deficit knowing you had to score 5(later 6) and limit the other team from scoring to have a chance to get through is unbelievable. Essentially all PSG had to do was Park the Bus. PSG choked big-time
Reply 1194
either Barca or Golden State. Id lean on Barca.

With Barca, In football anyway scoring 6 goals is extremely difficult. And to do so starting with a 4-0 deficit knowing you had to score 5(later 6) and limit the other team from scoring to have a chance to get through is unbelievable. Essentially all PSG had to do was Park the Bus. PSG choked big-time

True, winning 3 games in a row vs Golden state who broke records that year is extremely difficult too. Either way disgusting chokes the lot of them.
Original post by bammy jastard 27
True, winning 3 games in a row vs Golden state who broke records that year is extremely difficult too. Either way disgusting chokes the lot of them.

Its been the year of the chokes for sports. Cleveland Indians blew a 3-1 lead, Golden State and OKC did too, Falcons went nuclear with how bad they choked. All horrendous choke jobs but the worst would have to be the Falcons.
Boston beat Golden State, and Detroit beat Cavs.

Not bad, Boston surging for that top seed.

It's gonna be so interesting if Warriors slip to 2nd
Reply 1198

In Boston's case, I personally don't think getting the number one seed makes much of a difference, if any.

Although they get home court advantage, they have to face the Heat in the first round, instead of the Pacers, which could be problematic given the streak Miami have been on! Also, there's little difference between the Wizards and Raptors, so the second round should be equally difficult regardless of which seed they are.
Original post by SPCUO
In Boston's case, I personally don't think getting the number one seed makes much of a difference, if any.

Although they get home court advantage, they have to face the Heat in the first round, instead of the Pacers, which could be problematic given the streak Miami have been on! Also, there's little difference between the Wizards and Raptors, so the second round should be equally difficult regardless of which seed they are.

I'd take the Raptors in the playoffs definitely.

Quick Reply

Latest