The Student Room Group

The NBA 2019-20 Thread - Free agency is mad - Westbrook to Houston, CP3 to OKC!?

Scroll to see replies

As expected LeBron taking over, 25 5 5 at the half with TT JR and Love combining for a total of 3 points. It's both amusing and sad.
There's only one word for it. CLUTCH. Incredible performance, reminiscent of his 2012 game 6 elimination game against... Funnily enough the Celtics.
Madness
Lebron James is just disgusting. What he’s doing is unbelievable, feel sorry for people who can’t appreciate him and just try to downplay his achievements.
Hardens feeling it tonight
Rockets caught fire, up by 17 after quarter one Harden might just save his legacy.
That's about as big as choke as you can get.

Golden State down 17 after the first quarter, down 10 at half time.

Golden State outscores Houston 64 - 25 in the second half.
Houston scores just 9 points in the 4th quarter (Outscored 31-9).
Houston ends the game with 21 turnovers.

Pretty impressive ngl.

Edit:
(edited 5 years ago)
Aaaaand it's gone
Original post by MrDystopia
That's about as big as choke as you can get.

Golden State down 17 after the first quarter, down 10 at half time.

Golden State outscores Houston 64 - 25 in the second half.
Houston scores just 9 points in the 4th quarter (Outscored 31-9).
Houston ends the game with 21 turnovers.

Pretty impressive ngl.

Edit:

Fell aeep after the 2nd quarter... What the hell was that
Reply 1789
Y'all fools will always forget about the destiny of the GSW win again vs LeBron, LeBron the king of losing finals is about to lose another one. He the Jurgen Klopp of Basketball.

I know you want someone else to win the damn trophy but sometimes you just gotta accept the things you can't change.

LeBron will do an MVP performance in the final and they'll give it to one of GSW's ****ing bench players.

Will @ all of y'all when I'm right, again.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Sae.HH
Fell aeep after the 2nd quarter... What the hell was that

Harden cooled off big time, started turning the ball over (he ended with 9). Warriors hit basically everything, Rockets choked and couldn't hit a shot.

It took 3 possessions in the first minute of Q3 for the Dubs to go from 10 points down to 2 points down.
Original post by MrDystopia
Harden cooled off big time, started turning the ball over (he ended with 9). Warriors hit basically everything, Rockets choked and couldn't hit a shot.

It took 3 possessions in the first minute of Q3 for the Dubs to go from 10 points down to 2 points down.

Damn, RIP.

Side note, I wonder how frustrating it was for NBA fans in the MJ era to have the league dominated for a straight decade by one team. It really is getting boring now. I'd rather see Houston v Celtics than Warriors v Cavs if I had to choose.
Original post by Sae.HH
Damn, RIP.

Side note, I wonder how frustrating it was for NBA fans in the MJ era to have the league dominated for a straight decade by one team. It really is getting boring now. I'd rather see Houston v Celtics than Warriors v Cavs if I had to choose.

I imagine a load of people hated Jordan/the Bulls at the time just as much as people hate Lebron being in every final for 7 years, or Golden State making the last 3. Only difference now is social media makes it a lot more easier to vocalise that :tongue:
Original post by Sae.HH
Damn, RIP.

Finals don't really matter to me because whoever comes out the West is gonna steamroll whoever come out the East. Rather have LeBron in the finals playing his ass off than a great but still inexperienced Celtics team getting roasted in four by a margin of 30 points each game
As long as its not Rockets and that flopper Harden DGAF who wins! :tongue:
Original post by alexschmalex
Finals don't really matter to me because whoever comes out the West is gonna steamroll whoever come out the East. Rather have LeBron in the finals playing his ass off than a great but still inexperienced Celtics team getting roasted in four by a margin of 30 points each game

Exactly this. I would hate to see the Celtics in the finals without Kyrie or Hayward. I'd rather see LeBron drop 40 a game and lose in like 5 maybe 6 rather than, as you said, see the Celtics get blown out by 30 in 4

Tbh I'd rather see the Cavs get sweeped too if it means seeing LeBron go all out
(edited 5 years ago)
Ngl I just want to see him continue his streak of finals appearances because I'm sure it'll continue for several years in Philly.

One day we'll marvel at the fact a single NBA player was the face of a conference in the finals for a decade plus year in year out.
Reply 1797
****ing hell Cleveland are so ****
Both teams look dead fam.

Hopefully Cavs go out though cause LeBum fanboys get on my nerves. Can't believe people actually have him down as the GOAT - I know that it's mainly young'uns but still.
Not been watching but I'll join sometime through the third quarter. Hoping Boston pull it off.

Edit: Wait the third already started, guess I'm tuning in.

As if the third ends 59-58...this is some awful offence..
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest