The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ambermariemorgan
Thinking about Oxford Brookes as an option for uni, however I'm really worried that I'll be in a nightclub, and a boy will ask me what uni I go to, and if I say Oxford Brookes hell automatically think I'm stupid. I don't want to go there because of nightlife or anything, I'm only thinking of it as a 5th choice just in case I do badly. But do the Oxford people really look down upon the Oxford Brookes?

Hi ambermariemorgan

Sorry to hear that you feel that way! I have to say that I attended Oxford Brookes myself, as did many of our staff and we've never had this problem with being called "stupid"! :biggrin:

When you move on from school or college to university, I think you might be surprised with the level of maturity that students have. All the students in Oxford are here to learn and have fun, and they'll do that with anyone they get along with, it doesn't matter which uni they go to! I've seen very few rude comments directed at students in the university environment, and I've never come across any bullying.

At the end of the day, there are 30,000 students in Oxford and it's an awesome student community to be part of. Plus, Oxford Brookes University actually has a really good reputation that just keeps getting better - we're in the top 20 UK universities in 9 subject areas, and in the top 50 institutions in the UK. 94% of the research conducted here is internationally recognised, and we've recently been listed as the only UK university in the QS world ranking of top 50 universities under 50 years old. So it's a pretty exciting place to be!

Anyway, we hope that whatever universities you end up applying for, you have an amazing time :h:

All the best
Sophie
(edited 6 years ago)
Tbh its either get looked down for oxford brookes or get called posh for nottingham by nottingham Trent lot. Life is long

Latest

Trending

Trending