The Student Room Group

Uni Of Kent, Keele Uni or Uni Of Birmingham (MSc Computer Science)

Hi all, I have been looking to do a conversion course MSc in Computer Science and have currently been offered a place at The University Of Birmingham, The University Of Kent and Keele University.

I am very much struggling with deciding between the three and wonder if any fellow students have experience that may be helpful to me in choosing which course to take.

From my own research regarding both the courses, campus's and University standings, I have found that 1.) Keele appears to be best for Student Satisfaction 2.) Kent is best for graduate prospects due to including a year in industry with close ties to big names like IBM, cisco etc etc and 3.) Birmingham has the most reputable research and greatest standing in the league tables.

I have also been able to look at the campus's of the Universities online but unfortunately I am currently on the opposite side of the world in Australia this summer and so cannot get to any open days before starting in September which makes others opinions of the uni's all the more weighty.

So has anyone studied the course at any of these uni's or been on a similar course, or perhaps just has an opinion on which is the better uni?

Your help will be greatly appreciated.
Reply 1
Original post by temjam99
Hi all, I have been looking to do a conversion course MSc in Computer Science and have currently been offered a place at The University Of Birmingham, The University Of Kent and Keele University.

I am very much struggling with deciding between the three and wonder if any fellow students have experience that may be helpful to me in choosing which course to take.

From my own research regarding both the courses, campus's and University standings, I have found that 1.) Keele appears to be best for Student Satisfaction 2.) Kent is best for graduate prospects due to including a year in industry with close ties to big names like IBM, cisco etc etc and 3.) Birmingham has the most reputable research and greatest standing in the league tables.

I have also been able to look at the campus's of the Universities online but unfortunately I am currently on the opposite side of the world in Australia this summer and so cannot get to any open days before starting in September which makes others opinions of the uni's all the more weighty.

So has anyone studied the course at any of these uni's or been on a similar course, or perhaps just has an opinion on which is the better uni?

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Birmingham should be your firm, it's international reputation will help you quite a lot when you apply for a job in the future. Kent should be your insurance, it is a very practical course and there standards are very high. It depends on what you want to be honest, Do you want to stay in a metropolis or a quite beautiful campus?

Also I always say this, check the modules and decide which of the three provide you with the modules you like. Make sure the course is accredited!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending