The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3980
Jelliot
And Ulver last friday at Queen Elizabeth Hall were something else entirely = ] 4th row ftw :biggrin:

Yeah I really enjoyed it despite my crappy seat. The ending was absolutely stunning, and the lighting was perfect :biggrin:

Isis are playing Koko tomorrow, that is gonna be something special!
Reply 3981
RJA
Yeah I really enjoyed it despite my crappy seat. The ending was absolutely stunning, and the lighting was perfect :biggrin:

Isis are playing Koko tomorrow, that is gonna be something special!

Yeah, the ending completely blew me away. Half way through the final song I thought "whatever they play next, it will be overshadowed by this...dagnabbit, it's going to be the last track!"

I won't be seeing Isis as I don't have any of their albums, but I've listened to Wavering Radiant a few times on Spotify and I plan on buying it at some point.

Will you be seeing Katatonia at The Peel next month?

My ticket for Satyricon/Negura Bunget arrived today : )
Been listening to a lot of Baroness/Mastodon/Kylesa recently :yy:
Reply 3983
can't go to katatonia unfortunately. and i'm gonna miss Sunn O))) and Satyricon/Negura Bunget too. gutted! :frown:

I have Isis, Muse, Swallow the Sun coming up. But very skint atm :frown:
Reply 3984
ISIS...KOKO.....were awesomeeeeee!!!!! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :woo:
Reply 3985
T.K.B
ISIS...KOKO.....were awesomeeeeee!!!!! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :woo:

:biggrin: Agreed!

Although tbh I didn't really want them to play (essentially) the whole of Wavering Radiant. Some more old stuff would have been nice. Btw they make Wavering Radiant sound soooo much heavier live!!
Reply 3986
RJA
:biggrin: Agreed!

Although tbh I didn't really want them to play (essentially) the whole of Wavering Radiant. Some more old stuff would have been nice. Btw they make Wavering Radiant sound soooo much heavier live!!

Yeah- would've been great if they played a good mix of tracks from all their albums; pretty bummed they didn't play 'so did we'; but 'carry' was sensational :biggrin:
Reply 3987
Yeah, Carry was the main reason for my attendance. It is one of the greatest pieces of music ever made imo :wink:

Was quite funny at the front with the crazy Welsh guy moshing and playing air guitar, wtf??
New Hypcorisy album sounds FRIGGIN SWEET!

Horgh's drumming <3
Reply 3989
RJA
Yeah, Carry was the main reason for my attendance. It is one of the greatest pieces of music ever made imo :wink:

Was quite funny at the front with the crazy Welsh guy moshing and playing air guitar, wtf??

Haha- really?? Didn't notice- I was right in front- crazy welsh dude might've been right behind me or something :p:
Going to see Rammstein live in a few weeks, my ultimate dream!! :biggrin: Anyone else going?
Reply 3991
black_mamba
Going to see Rammstein live in a few weeks, my ultimate dream!! :biggrin: Anyone else going?

Few weeks?? Where r u going? :smile:

I have to wait until February lol - still excited though!!
RJA
Few weeks?? Where r u going? :smile:

I have to wait until February lol - still excited though!!

Portugal, I think they kick off their tour there. Where are you seeing them?
Reply 3993
London. Can't wait! :biggrin:
I was gutted when I found out they were playing in London, but we'd already booked tickets and flights by then. Anyway we all know that gigs in the rest of Europe are far more wild. :biggrin:
Reply 3995
OH ****!

Marduk & Anaal Nathrakh
Camden Underworld
28th January

Someone up there likes me :biggrin:
TWO THINGS!

I want to study at edinburgh university, are there any good metal gig venues?

What is Scar Symmetry's new album like without Christian Alvestam (ie should i get it?)
Cannibal Corpse + Dying Fetus at the Koko: just, bloody awesome.
Anyone dig BURZUM?
Reply 3999
****! AWESOME BIRTHDAY PRESENT

What an immense lineup, fantastic support!!! :biggrin:

Latest