The Student Room Group

Driving instructor problems ?

He is so mean sometimes, like if I don't understand a command straight away he just tells me to stop faffing about and takes over the steering wheel :/

Or if I don't exit a junction/roundabout quick enough he has a go at me. But surely if I feel I cant get out safely its better to wait ?

There are no other instructors locally and I need to pass my test and soon as possible. I don't know how to put up with him any longer ? :frown:
Reply 1
Don't put up with it. Let him know how you feel, and that what he's doing isn't helping with your driving experience. I had a bad instructor first time round, stuck with it for way too long and finally decided to ditch them and try someone else. I passed first time with the next one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
You have to understand it is YOU who are PAYING him to teach you. Therefore if he is being a problem, you need to switch instructor.
Reply 3
The fact that he is mean is a problem. But him telling you off when you go slow is fine - going slow is just as dangerous as going fast at times.
i feel like male instructors are a bit moody because man of my friends told me that but one of my friend has a female instructor and she is a primary school teacher as well which i think its helpful as she would understand the learners better :yep: she told me that her instructor is very understanding and not mean but i am not applying my rule to everyone so dont bite me :colonhash:
A good instructor would always be able to tell you where you went wrong without having a go at you.
If he's losing his temper, yelling at you or insulting you during the learning process, he's a bad instructor. None of that is helping you learn and it's probably upsetting you and undermining your confidence. I've had some bad instructors that are like that. I'd change instructors if I were you.
Original post by fatima1998
i feel like male instructors are a bit moody because man of my friends told me that but one of my friend has a female instructor and she is a primary school teacher as well which i think its helpful as she would understand the learners better :yep: she told me that her instructor is very understanding and not mean but i am not applying my rule to everyone so dont bite me :colonhash:

So ur saying females r better than males? Sexist
You are his customer. The customer is always right. Dont put up with it, i would find a new one.
Original post by ThunderStormzy
So ur saying females r better than males? Sexist

seeeeee i knew it
i just knewww ittttt
just knew it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending