The Student Room Group

Has anyone had a trainee instructor sit in on a driving lesson?

I've just been told by my instructor that a trainee instructor will be sitting at the back in my next lesson to see how they teach, I said it was ok but really I'm not ok with it as I'm an introvert so it's an extra person to deal with and the trainee Instructor is probably going to watch me too and that's going to make me nervous cos i hate people watching me, I'm ok with the instructor watching but I'll probably make mistakes that I don't usually with the extra person there, I want to cancel but that would be stupid cos what if the trainee is there for weeks? I can't miss lessons now cos my test is in a few months, fml right now 😩
Reply 1
It's the same thing when they did in secondary school. They are their not to watch you but watch how the instructor teaches. More likely they will only be there for one lesson.

If you feeling a lot of anxiety about it. Mention it, now to your instructor, but you will have the examiner doing the same thing in a few months anyways.
Reply 2
Original post by Faultybot
It's the same thing when they did in secondary school. They are their not to watch you but watch how the instructor teaches. More likely they will only be there for one lesson.

If you feeling a lot of anxiety about it. Mention it, now to your instructor, but you will have the examiner doing the same thing in a few months anyways.

I never had that in secondary school, I don't think it's a thing where I live, you have to be 17 and you have to find your own instructor through a driving school or a self employed one.

It's too late now. I've had the lesson, it was alright except the trainee had a staring problem towards me and it was making me nervous, it affected my speed because I wasn't looking in the centre mirror as much and other drivers behind me were getting too close or overtaking when normally they don't as I'm fine with checking the mirror alot and am able to speed up to prevent that from happening, the trainee was staring at me every time I checked the mirror and it was annoying like why was she watching me? I hope it was a one off her being there, if the instructor asks me about her then I'm going to tell the, the truth like wth was she staring?

I know the examiner will be staring, that's fine, they have to watch me to examine my driving

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending